"Flower Island" Île de Bréhat by black_mimi99
Île de Bréhat Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 55 photos
Islands flower is certainly nickname that goes best with this jewel nestled amidst lush pink rocks and a sea of deep blue. One of the most dramatic and attractive places in Brittany, the Ile de Bréhat is situated a mile off the coast. There are about 96 small islets in the area with Bréhat being the largest.
No cars are allowed in this island, but it is very easy to explore the island on foot along the 30km of pathways, or if you prefer, you can hire bicycles on arrival.
The island is divided into two parts;
The northern part, more exposed to the element, is quieter, wilder and less inhabited with its Paon lighthouse renowned for offering some stunning views of the coastline.
And the southern part, which benefits from a milder climate where eucalyptus, palm trees and mimosa thrive.
this 2 part of the island connected by a Vauban bridge (Pont ar Prad) 18th century.
- In a nutshell:Charming island full of granite stone and flowers
The island is a no car zone and you can only reach Bréhat by boat. Les Vedettes de Bréhat is the sole ferry company... more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Île de Bréhat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flower Island"
- "Ile de Brehat"
- "Islands in the mist"
- "WELCOME TO MY îILE DE BRéHAT PAGE ......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Île de Bréhat
- Transportation in Île de Bréhat
- Restaurants in Île de Bréhat
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Île de Bréhat
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Île de Bréhat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Île de Bréhat
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos