"Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire" Chaumont by black_mimi99
Chaumont Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 34 photos
The Château of Chaumont (from "Chauve Mont" or Bald Hill, then changed into "Chaud Mont" or Hot Hill) stands on a rise beside the river Loire, in the mids of a dense wood of all trees.
As early as Middle Ages a castle already stood here. The first owner of Chaumont was Gelduin, who was saved from having to leave the castle to his daughter Claire when a son, Geoffroi, was born to him late in life.
Since 1938, when the Broglies fell on hard times, the castle has been owned by the French state.
The castle of Chaumont, like much of Loire château, owes part of its beauty with the splendid site which it occupies. It dominates the river over left bank, at the point where the calcareous slope is most abrupt. Vis-a-vis the Loire, the castle is drawn up at the end of a landscape park to English which constitutes a genuine bosky bower. With its feet, over bank, the village is spread out.
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Chaumont Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire"
- "Chateau de Chaumont"
- "Chateau Loire"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Villianur Hotels
- Muhafazat Janub Sina'
- Freiburg im Breisgau
- Digos Hotels
- Marina di Pietrasanta Hotels
- Porto Cristo
- Seixal Hotels
- State of Madhya Pradesh Hotels
- Lauada Hotels
- San Felíu de Guixols
- Mactan Island
- Nakhon Si Thammarat
Badges & Stats in Chaumont
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Chaumont?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chaumont
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos