"Bavaria" Bavaria by black_mimi99
Bavaria Travel Guide: 12,603 reviews and 37,747 photos
Bavaria lies in the southeastern corner of Germany. With its unique diversity of attractions, its scenic beauty and unspoilt nature, its romantic castles and medieval towns, its beer halls, traditional festivals, excellent cuisine and hospitality, its pleasant climate and its cosmopolitan high-tech capital of Munich, Bavaria is undoubtedly the prime holiday destination in Germany. Bavaria is Germany's second most populous state (after North Rhine-Westphalia), with almost 12.5 million inhabitants, more than any of the three sovereign states on its borders. Bavaria's capital is Munich
This famous vacation route through Bavaria wends its way from Würzburg to Füssen. The Romantic Road is a 350 km journey from the River Main to the Alps. It offers the traveller what is simply one of the most beautiful and most engaging melange of scenery, cuisine and ambience Germany can offer. Visit the stunning Würzburg Residence Palace, the magical atmosphere of medieval Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber, the Roman remains in Augsburg, the Bavarian King Ludwig II's unforgettable dream-castle of Neuschwanstein. All the way along the Romantic Road, historic festivals will be encountered, featuring live theater and musical performances on open-air stages. Wherever travellers find themselves on the Romantic Road, exceptional cuisine, superb wines, glorious land- and city-scapes, castles, churches and fortresses inspire the appetite and the soul.
- In a nutshell:Wonderful castle, landscape, food, and historic
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Bavaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bavaria - my home for 10 years"
- "2004: A Bavarian Beer Odyssey"
- "Magic Bavaria: when God created paradise :-)"
- "Bavaria - under construction"
- "Bavarian tours"
- "Fallen in love with Bavaria"
- "Bavarian Honeymoon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bavaria
- Hotels in Bavaria
- Transportation in Bavaria
- Nightlife in Bavaria
- Restaurants in Bavaria
- Shopping in Bavaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Bavaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bavaria
- 18 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Bavaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bavaria
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos