Andorra Things to Do Tips by black_mimi99 Top 5 Page for this destination
Andorra Things to Do: 73 reviews and 74 photos
Andorra is a world famous shopping haven. Expect to pay at least 20% - 30% less than in France or Spain for electronic goods, cameras, cosmetics and alcohol. The long opening hours and sheer amount of shops are very conducive to spending!
We found a great walking and jogging place in Encamp, from the city we drive to the middle of the mountain, and then we must continuous by foot 3 km to the lake on the mountain. on the way we can see manything, such as the view of the snow mountain and the city in the valley, the nature around and 2 small waterfall with cold water.
Lets we go out from capital city, now we are in Encamp, this city in the valley like Andorra la Vella, and so many nature, art and old building we can fine it here.
1st we look at the Santa Eulàlia d'Encamp Church, the Romanesque parish church still preserves part of its original architecture. The building was extended and refurbished on several occasions during the 17th and 20th centuries. The 23-metre belfry is the tallest Lombard-style Romanesque tower in the country and was built after the church, towards the second half of the 11th century.
Enjoy all the view, the valley, and the mountain with eternal snow.... so lovely and great view...
Here one of the waterfall we saw on the way to the lake, some part had been frozen....
When we arrived on the top after walking 3 km, and we found this lake, so nice view around and the water so clean and cold.
Eglise Sant Pere Màrtir
This church located just in the center shopping area, busy with all the cars passing and people around for shopping.
This church was designed by the architect Josep Danés and dedicated to fullers. It is testimony to the importance of the textiles sector to the parish. Construction was begun in 1956. It is thought that the main altarpiece was paid for with a contribution from the Association of Fullers and Weavers. The church, which is in the neo-Romanesque style with a bell tower, is built from large pieces of granite.
On the façade reliefs by the sculptor Sergi Mas depicting the Beatitudes can be seen and, underneath the portico, there are ceramics by the same artist. There is also an Immaculate Virgin by the sculptor Josep Viladomat, who also created the Piety that is kept inside the church. On 4 June 1981, Bishop Joan Martí Alanis baptised the church’s three bells: Maria, Anna and Jacoba.
casa de la vall
This building located in the old town of capital city.
Originally built as a wealthy family home in 1580, Casa de la Vall was bought by the General Council in 1702 and is now the seat of the Andorran Parliament. Situated in the old heart of Andorra la Vella, its architecture includes both civil and military elements. Inside there is an interesting cupboard with seven keys which once held the most important national documents. The cupboard could only be opened by the simultaneous presence of councillors from each of the seven constituencies in the country. There is also a dormitory and a kitchen with magnificent 16th century murals. The Sala de la Justicia is the only courtroom in the whole country and the Sala del Consell is where the parliament still assembles.
Sant Esteve Church
The church is located in the old town of the capital with its examples of traditional architecture and unique architectural features in granite. A building with Romanesque origins ( 12th century) having undergone major alterations in the 20th century. The Romanesque semicircular apse has been preserved which showed Romanesque mural paintings that are presently shared between the National Art Museum of Catalonia and two private collections.
More Reviews (8)
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Andorra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great, mountainous, little principality!"
- "ANDORRA, the country at Pyrenees."
- "EL PAIS DELS PIRINEUS"
- "Jewel in the Middle of Pyrenees"
- "Andorra, Petite Gem of the Pyrenees"
- "THE SMALLEST COUNTRY IN THE IBERIAN PENINSULA"
- "The Small Mountain Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andorra
- Hotels in Andorra
- Transportation in Andorra
- Nightlife in Andorra
- Restaurants in Andorra
- Shopping in Andorra
- Warnings and Dangers in Andorra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andorra
- 17 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Andorra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andorra
- updated a Andorra Travel Page "Jewel in the Middle of Pyrenees"
- Commented on one of spanishguy's Andorra travel pages
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Trip to Paris December"
- Uploaded a Video to Andorra
- Wrote a Review Port D'envalira in Andorra Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Port D'envalira"
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos