"Jewel in the Middle of Pyrenees" Top 5 Page for this destination Andorra by black_mimi99
Andorra Travel Guide: 495 reviews and 1,040 photos
The Principality of Andorra is a small independent state that shines like a jewel embedded in the middle of Pyrenees, between Spain and France. It is the 6th smallest nation in Europe having an area of 468 km2.
The capital city, Andorra la Vella, is the highest capital city in Europe, being at an elevation of 1023 m.The official language is Catalan, although Spanish, Portuguese, and French are also commonly spoken.
There are many itinerary from France to Andorra, the one I most love is the road passing Port D'envalira, It twists among beautiful high mountains that covered by snow and the valley with the view some houses.
Andorra is not a member of the European Union but bcos is an independent country, it has its law and regulations, so to travel to Andorra no need a visa, whatever your nationality. However, bcos to get to Andorra you will need to travel through Spain or France, citizens from a country outside the Schengen area need to find out if they need a visa to enter the countries that belong to the schengen agreement before traveling to Andorra.
Even Andorra is a tiny country but so manything to do.... And everything we can find it here... Shopping paradise for shopaholic, skiing for ski lover and the view of the mountain Pyrenees really spectacular view.
some Cities from Santa Coloma, Andorra La Vella, Enchamp, La Massana, Meritxell, Canillo, Pas de la Casa and so many more with their own charming....
Let's we explore....
- Pros:Small country with full charm
- Cons:to many traffic and difficuld to find parking
When we back to France, we try another road which pass Port D'envalira, the highest paved pass in the Pyrenees, the view... more travel advice
It's nice hotel located in the capital city. The room clean and nice, the breakfast is good, and the staff is friendly.... more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Andorra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great, mountainous, little principality!"
- "ANDORRA, the country at Pyrenees."
- "EL PAIS DELS PIRINEUS"
- "Jewel in the Middle of Pyrenees"
- "Andorra, Petite Gem of the Pyrenees"
- "World's biggest drive-in supermarket"
- "The Small Mountain Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andorra
- Hotels in Andorra
- Transportation in Andorra
- Nightlife in Andorra
- Restaurants in Andorra
- Shopping in Andorra
- Warnings and Dangers in Andorra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andorra
- 17 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Andorra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andorra
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos