"La Ville Rose" Toulouse by black_mimi99
Toulouse Travel Guide: 594 reviews and 1,224 photos
I stay in this pink city/ La Ville Rose for 3 days, and too many things to be seen. But 3 days is not enough around in this city. La Ville Rose, this city named because of the profusion of rose red buildings.
This lively, friendly city, pink by day, is bright at night. The 4th largest city in France, capital of Midi-Pyrénées region, signs of a rich and tumultuous history crowd around you in the narrow medieval streets and inside the many churches and cathedrals of the city. Its rich cultural and historic tradition sits alongside a rich industrial past and high-tech future.
Toulouse is the home base of the European aerospace industry, with the headquarters of Airbus, Galileo positioning system, the SPOT satellite system, and CNES's Toulouse Space Centre (CST), the largest space centre in Europe.
Toulouse is the daughter of the Garonne.
A city that is in love with its river, Toulouse has chosen to protect the quays and surroundings areas
The building, and rebuilding, of bridges and roads over a very long time resulted in the radiant vision of the quays that we know today. The quays have been protected sites since 1943. The banks have been made welcoming to walkers, and have become the venue for festivals such as “Rio Loco”, or transformed into beaches during the summer months.
So many cafes and restaurants surrounding the place du Capitol.... even MC.Donald..:)
- In a nutshell:Rich cultural and historic tradition
Walking along the canal, see the beauty of this canal especially autumn, it's a must thing to do.... enjoy the moment... more travel advice
In the last quarter of the eighteenth century, was built a grand staircase leading to the hall of fame. He was replaced... more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Toulouse Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TOULOUSE most beautiful city of the world"
- "THE WEALTH OF TOULOUSE."
- "A Premium Visit"
- "The Rose City"
- "The pink city, Toulouse"
- "exploring the countryside by bicycle"
- "Five nights in Toulouse"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toulouse
- Hotels in Toulouse
- Transportation in Toulouse
- Nightlife in Toulouse
- Restaurants in Toulouse
- Shopping in Toulouse
- Warnings and Dangers in Toulouse
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toulouse
- 21 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Toulouse?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toulouse
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos