"BOGOR - CITY OF RAIN" Bogor by black_mimi99
Bogor Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 198 photos
Bogor was by the Dutch during the colonial era called Buitenzorg (means "without a care"). Governor General van Imhoff built his country estate by the same name here as early as 1745, and it became a favorite place of retreat for later governors as well. Sir Stamford Raffles made Bogor his country home during the short British rule of Indonesia from 1811 to 1816. A railway was completed in 1873 between Batavia and Buitenzorg.
Raffles called Bogor a "romantic little village". And it is a truly romantic village..... especially the Botanical Graden.
Bogor has the highest annual rainfall on Java, which you should have in mind if you visit during the wet season.
Bogor is located in West Java, not Central Java, and not far from Jakarta, just 1 and half hours by bus.
The Bogor Botanic Garden, Indonesia's first and foremost botanical garden, is 87 hectares of beautifully kept trees, plants flowers, lawns and ponds within a busy expanding city of 300,000 people.
THE MATCHMAKER TREE :
This is matchmaker tree (people called it like that Botanical Garden), if you sit there then you will find your soulmate....:) wanna try it???
The tree on right side is SHOREA tree from Sumatera island, and the left side is FICUS tree from Thailand/Malesia, so they meet in Bogor Botanical Garden....:)
It's Bogor Palace....
- In a nutshell:Always Rainy, so prepare...
When I see this...think is that fruit or flower? What do you think? more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Bogor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Apple pie , the gardens , safari..."
- "Bogor-Indonesia's Oldest Known Kingdom"
- "BOGOR - WEST JAVA"
- "bogor, west java, indonesia"
- "Nice place to visit - Bogor, the rainy city.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bogor
- Hotels in Bogor
- Transportation in Bogor
- Nightlife in Bogor
- Restaurants in Bogor
- Shopping in Bogor
- Warnings and Dangers in Bogor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bogor
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Bogor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bogor
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos