"Dieng Plateau - Land of Volcanos and Goddess" Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng by black_mimi99
Pegunungan Dieng Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 204 photos
Up in the clouds (it stands at 2000m), the Dieng Plateau is another country. A landscape of marshes, ruined temples, deep green hills and mist.
It only takes an hour to get here via the hairpins from Wonosobo, but the humid plains feel light years away when you do reach the top.
The trip to Dieng Plateau was gorgeous trip. I really enjoyed it.
The fresh air, the landscape, the historical places, the people, everything is awesome and amaze me. Worth to visit! Seriously.
The name "Dieng" comes from Di Hyang which means "Abode of the Gods" Its misty location almost 2000 m above sea level, and its mists, poisonous effusions and sulphur-coloured lakes make it a particularly auspicious place for religious tribute. The temples are small shrines built as monuments to the god-ancestors, rather than as a convenience to man.
Geographically, Dieng Plateau is in 2 regencies area, those are Wonosobo Regency and Banjarnegara Regency. The height of this area is 2093 m above sea level, and the temperature is 15°C on the day and 10°C in the night.
On dry season, the temperature could be extremely drop to under 0°C. This low temperature could freeze the morning dew. To the Dieng's farmers, these frozen dew that they called upas dew are so un-friendly because they could endanger the potataoes and cabbages vegetation.
Dieng Plateau area is 619,846ha, surrounded with mountains such as Mount Sumbing, Mount Sindoro, Mount Perahu, Mount Rogojembangan, and mount Bismo. The sensational beauty of Dieng Plateau is if we come from Wonosobo, we can see sunrise two times.
The temple we can find on Dieng Plateau
- Candi Abiyasa
- Candi Arjuna
- Candi Bima
- Candi Darawati
- Candi Dvaravati
- Candi Gatotkaca
- Candi Pandu
- Candi Parikesit
- Candi Puntadewa
- Candi Magersari
- Candi Nakula
- Candi Sadewa
- Candi Sembadra
- Candi Senjaka
- Candi Semai
- Candi Srikandi
Other tourist attraction that scattered on Dieng Plateau are : Sikidang Crater, Si Banteng Crater, Sileri Crater, Candradimuka Crater, Balaikumbang Lake, Medada Lake, Siwi Lake, Dringa Lake, Sinila Lake, Jala Tunda Well, Jumut Cave, Gangsiran Asmotoma.
Meets local people, see the school kids around the temples, their happy faces, and their friendship make us so welcome, and lovely place to stay and hang around.
See the sunrise from mount Sikunir, its really amazing moment to be....
To climbing to the top of the Sikunir mount really hard road and need strong energy, but when arrived to the top and see that Golden Sunrise.... what amazing moment to be, and all the hard work its nothing compare that view we can see....
- Pros:A lovely lakes, crater, temples and panorama...
- In a nutshell:must visit!!
The trip from Wonosobo to Dieng is hairpin road.... even not comfortable trip but the view is amazing till we didnt... more travel advice
This kind sweet is specialty from Dieng, No other place to have this kind plant.... Its look like papaya fro ouside, but... more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Pegunungan Dieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Java's Mordor"
- "Dieng Plateau - Land of Volcanos and Goddess"
- "Abode of the Gods"
- "Dieng - the gods have left"
- "Legendary Dieng"
- "The mystic Plateau-Dieng Plateau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pegunungan Dieng
- Hotels in Pegunungan Dieng
- Transportation in Pegunungan Dieng
- Restaurants in Pegunungan Dieng
- Shopping in Pegunungan Dieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Pegunungan Dieng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pegunungan Dieng
- 34 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Pegunungan Dieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pegunungan Dieng
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos