"Enjoy Jakarta" Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta by black_mimi99

Jakarta Travel Guide: 1,346 reviews and 2,673 photos

Welcome to My City

I truly love Jakarta with all its hustle and bustle. The variety of shopping, exciting nightlife, superb golf courses, relaxing spas and huge selection of dining experiences makes visiting a truly exciting and different experience, full of constant surprises. Visiting the old town with all its significant historical sights is an experience not to be missed. Not to forget the world class hotels with fine dining and a vibrant music scene. With so much to see and do I would be filled with pride for you to come and enjoy Jakarta as much as I do. Enjoy our welcome, enjoy our hospitality, enjoy a different type of shopping, enjoy exotic tastes and enjoy the place I choose to call home – Jakarta.

Jayakarta re-named by Sultan Fatahillah mean Glorious Victory. The Dutch East Indies Company which captured the town and destroyed it in 1619, changed its name into Batavia and made it the center for expansion of their power in East Indies. When the world war II, Japanese changed the name into Jakarta.
And now Jakarta become megapolitan city as the Indonesia capital city. Where the city with many faces and colourful of culture. And the city where I ever lived...:)

Special Transportation, Becak Sepeda

One thing I like from Jakarta is shopping in Kota ( there are several mall which is Pasar Pagi, ITC, Mangga Dua Mall). Kota is located North Jakarta, it was center of the 17th century Dutch town Batavia.
From Blok M (south Jakarta) we can take TransJakarta / Busway, that’s more easier and convenient to reach to Kota. The end station of the TransJakarta is Kota station beside Beos train station, which established in XVII century.
In Pasar Pagi, ITC, and Mangga Dua Mall, we can buy anything we like at bargain prices. And you can improve your bargain skill....:)
And from Kota we can took Ojek Sepeda (Bicycle Transportation), to go to Glodok (China Town) center stage electronics. With this ojek sepeda it’s an amazing experience for me ‘cos they will take you go through the crowded main road and small street until arrive in Glodok.
Try it once and you will love it!!

Kota Tua / Old Town (Museum Fatahillah)

This old City Hall of Batavia occupies the site of its two predecessors. The current building of fine Dutch architecture was completed in 1710 and once served many civic and judiciary functions. Beneath the front portico lie some cells which were used as dungeons. The museum took over the premises in 1974 and offers a fine glimpse into the city's colonial past. Thirty-seven ornate rooms display Dutch furniture, old maps, antiquities and Dutch East India Company (V.O.C.) memorabilia, recreating the atmosphere prevalent during the Dutch era.

• Pros:Enjoy the Shopping, Food, Nightlife, and Good Price...
  • Cons:Traffic Jam, traffic jam and traffic jam again.....:) just enjoy it..
  • In a nutshell:City with 1001 faces...
  • Intro Updated Jun 17, 2012

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Mimi, your pages are so wonderful. You make me want to see places I hadn't thought of!

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Wishing you many Happy Returns of the day! God bless you dear friend. There will be no party for me but work.

• Sep 11, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Hi, I'm afraid that your friend has misheard the legend. She has to bounce up and down on the cannon to get pregnant. There many ladies that do this on Friday, and in fact through out the weekend. Sincerely, EG

• gonnabeatravelbug's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Hi Mimi, Thanks for your info! My friends and I are going there soon!! Can't wait!

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I would love to shop here!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2008 at 5:57 AM

great bits og info - the textile and general homecrafts industry is what i like- branded products ;-(((

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Hello, Mimi! Oh, yes, Jakarta looks splendid! Thanks for sharing!

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Hi Mimi! Great page and restaurant tips certainly made my mouth water! Love your homepage too and love especially your writing style. Cheers! John.

• AKHTARSAYYAD's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2008 at 8:47 AM

what a colour full Djakarta it is ! One day will visit truely dear ! --akhtar

• kenari's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2008 at 6:38 AM

i travel jakarta every year from 1999 without fail but never get bored!!!!haha don't know why but jakarta always in my mind when i want to travel...

black_mimi99 Used To Live Here!

black_mimi99

“You never know how far you can fly, until you spread your wings...”

Badges & Stats in Jakarta

Have you been to Jakarta?

Latest Activity in Jakarta