"Enjoy Jakarta" Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta by black_mimi99
Jakarta Travel Guide: 1,352 reviews and 2,711 photos
I truly love Jakarta with all its hustle and bustle. The variety of shopping, exciting nightlife, superb golf courses, relaxing spas and huge selection of dining experiences makes visiting a truly exciting and different experience, full of constant surprises. Visiting the old town with all its significant historical sights is an experience not to be missed. Not to forget the world class hotels with fine dining and a vibrant music scene. With so much to see and do I would be filled with pride for you to come and enjoy Jakarta as much as I do. Enjoy our welcome, enjoy our hospitality, enjoy a different type of shopping, enjoy exotic tastes and enjoy the place I choose to call home – Jakarta.
Jayakarta re-named by Sultan Fatahillah mean Glorious Victory. The Dutch East Indies Company which captured the town and destroyed it in 1619, changed its name into Batavia and made it the center for expansion of their power in East Indies. When the world war II, Japanese changed the name into Jakarta.
And now Jakarta become megapolitan city as the Indonesia capital city. Where the city with many faces and colourful of culture. And the city where I ever lived...:)
One thing I like from Jakarta is shopping in Kota ( there are several mall which is Pasar Pagi, ITC, Mangga Dua Mall). Kota is located North Jakarta, it was center of the 17th century Dutch town Batavia.
From Blok M (south Jakarta) we can take TransJakarta / Busway, that’s more easier and convenient to reach to Kota. The end station of the TransJakarta is Kota station beside Beos train station, which established in XVII century.
In Pasar Pagi, ITC, and Mangga Dua Mall, we can buy anything we like at bargain prices. And you can improve your bargain skill....:)
And from Kota we can took Ojek Sepeda (Bicycle Transportation), to go to Glodok (China Town) center stage electronics. With this ojek sepeda it’s an amazing experience for me ‘cos they will take you go through the crowded main road and small street until arrive in Glodok.
Try it once and you will love it!!
This old City Hall of Batavia occupies the site of its two predecessors. The current building of fine Dutch architecture was completed in 1710 and once served many civic and judiciary functions. Beneath the front portico lie some cells which were used as dungeons. The museum took over the premises in 1974 and offers a fine glimpse into the city's colonial past. Thirty-seven ornate rooms display Dutch furniture, old maps, antiquities and Dutch East India Company (V.O.C.) memorabilia, recreating the atmosphere prevalent during the Dutch era.
- Pros:Enjoy the Shopping, Food, Nightlife, and Good Price...
- Cons:Traffic Jam, traffic jam and traffic jam again.....:) just enjoy it..
- In a nutshell:City with 1001 faces...
This ship is special made for restaurant in Caribbean island, so they decorated like a luxury restaurant.... When I... more travel advice
In Fatahilah Museum we can rent bicycle for touring surrouding of this museum area.... this included the old style... more travel advice
- See All Great Sanwitch
- See All The Indonesia Miniature Park
- See All Nice hotel
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Jakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful people in a hectic, polluted megalopolis"
- "Enjoy Jakarta"
- "the big doerian. ;-)"
- "Jakarta, The Megapolitan"
- "Jakarta - Indonesia's Melting Pot"
- "My 2nd Home"
- "A Sight of Jakarta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jakarta
- Hotels in Jakarta
- Transportation in Jakarta
- Nightlife in Jakarta
- Restaurants in Jakarta
- Shopping in Jakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Jakarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jakarta
- 71 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Jakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jakarta
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 87 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos