"Payakumbuh" Payakumbuh by black_mimi99
Payakumbuh Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 28 photos
Payakumbuh, 35 km from Bukittinggi, is a picturesque village and market place. Fine basketry is available here. A little further up tourist will find the most dramatic view on the Harau Valley.
The Harau Valley is a nature and wildlife reserve, where tapir, siamangs, boars, wild goats and tigers still roam. Along the road to Harau Valley is a lovely countryside. Steep granite walls shelter the fertile valley. A waterfall, 150 meters high falls into a basin.
The Harau valley is about 45 km from Bukittinggi to the north east and a real hassle to get. From a flat land the cliffs of about 100 meters high rise up and through a narrow opening the road enters the valley. In the valley you can walk around and visit many waterfalls which fall down from the cliffs. The highest waterfall drops its water from 110 meters high.
It's a place for rock climber lover....
On the road from Bukittinggi to Payakumbuh these caves extend deep into the mountainside. The domain of thousands of bats, which you won’t see but only, hear and sense as they fly close over your head.
At the main entrance is a stone with an outline of an elephant visible on its face. The coolness and damp air is refreshing after the tropical heat outside. The path through these caves leads out to the top of the mountain from where it is quite panoramic. The drive up to the hillside is itself worth making because of the variety of the exquisite views along way.
- In a nutshell:Paradise for Rock climber
Here you can choose wich one you will take, the bus or Bendi? The bus for city to other city and bendi is a perfect... more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Payakumbuh Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Payakumbuh
- Transportation in Payakumbuh
- Restaurants in Payakumbuh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Payakumbuh
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Payakumbuh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Payakumbuh
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 87 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos