"Riau - Not Just Rich With Oil......" Pekanbaru by black_mimi99
Pekanbaru Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 59 photos
Pekanbaru is the capital of Riau province. Located in the Sumatera island along the strait of Malacca. The Siak river split this city, one to the north from Rumbai, to the South the city itself. Siak is the deepest river in Indonesia. Sultan Syarif Qasyim II is the airport that serves flights from and to Pekanbaru.
The province with the highest per capita income in Indonesia. Riau is rich with natural resources, particularly petroleum and natural gas, rubber, and palm oil. The majority of the province are heavily forested lowlands; logging is a major industry in the provincel. And much of Pekanbaru's economy is based on this field. Pekanbaru is a fast growing city in Sumatera, will be a metropolitan city in the future. And not just rich in oil, Riau also rich with forest tourism, conservation, and culture.
Tradition of long boat race, it called Pacu Jalur, in Teluk Kuantan, Kuantan Singingi district, Riau. The participant from all over district in Riau.
Bagansiapi-api is the city in Rokan Hilir District, Riau Province, Sumatera. This city located on the estuary of Rokan Hilir.
Bagansiapi-api is on the eastern coast of Sumatra, some 97 km (60 miles) from Malaysia across the Strait of Malacca.
Baganisiapi-api have the big comunity of ethnic chinese , and the city develop by them. The most income in this city is fish....
- Pros:New city but fast growing....
- Cons:Hot, hot and hot... so just wear shirt...
This Hotel beside the Metro Supermarket and infront of Mall Pekanbaru....Nice hotel. Not far Dyan Graha Hotel... more travel advice
People watching the pacu jalur not just from river bank but also jump into the river... more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Pekanbaru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riau - Not Just Rich With Oil......"
- "A Province yet to be Discovered"
- "Pekanbaru city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pekanbaru
- Hotels in Pekanbaru
- Transportation in Pekanbaru
- Nightlife in Pekanbaru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pekanbaru
- 24 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Pekanbaru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pekanbaru
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos