"Pelabuhan Ratu - The Queen's Harbour" Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu by black_mimi99
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 131 photos
The fishing village of Pelabuhan ratu is 150 km south of Jakarta. It is a three to four-hour drive along winding roads lined with tin-roofed houses, mosques, coconuts trees, up and down hill, and paddy fields.
When my eyes catch the view of the beaches that so beautiful, the blue ocean, and seafood restos along the road, make me feeling blue and so peacefull…
Gorgeous…Beautiful… amazing…and charming….That’s what I I feel when I arrived in this area.
The beach is wide, sandy and windswept. Paddy fields descend from the hills stop right at the beach.
When I looked out over the Ocean I realised that there was nothing between me and the South Pole, only this vast expanse of water.
Karang Hawu, 13 km to the west, is the cliff from where Nyai Loro Kidul flung herself into the ocean. Once a large lava flow created the many pools and caves ion this outcrop. Right on top is a small shrine. It is not very strenuous to get there because there are stairs.
The meaning of "Hawu" is Stove in Sundanese language.
The Pelabuhan Ratu area, a favorite weekend surfing destination for expatriates and a growing number of Indonesian surfers based in Jakarta, is the most crowded of West Java's surfing grounds due to sheer ease of accessibility.
The Cimaja break, a right that rises off a rocky reef, is reached by walking about 300 meters from the main road through beachfront sawah (rice paddies). This spot is consistently surf able because it has a solid and angular rock bottom perfectly attuned to south and southwest swells rising out of the Indian Ocean. Its rights peel off in front of a cobble-stone and boulder strewn beach that clatters like a series of giant castanets every time a wave set rolls in.
- In a nutshell:Great view, great food, and romantic place...
At the fish market we can see these fisherman boats.... more travel advice
Goa lalay its a bat cave, its about 4 km to the south east. At sunset thousands of bats fly out. The walk to it is more... more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ">> mystic rhytm "
- "PELABUHAN RATU - West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu - The Queen's Harbour"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, the queen's harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pelabuhanratu
- Hotels in Pelabuhanratu
- Transportation in Pelabuhanratu
- Nightlife in Pelabuhanratu
- Restaurants in Pelabuhanratu
- Shopping in Pelabuhanratu
- Warnings and Dangers in Pelabuhanratu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pelabuhanratu
- 13 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Pelabuhanratu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pelabuhanratu
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 87 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos