"Tana Toraja - The Charming of Torajan Highland" Top 5 Page for this destination Rantepao by black_mimi99
Rantepao Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 297 photos
The long trip from Makassar to Tana Toraja it took 8 hours by bus, it’s a great trip with great sighseeing, lush agriculture land, rice field, spectacular limestone mountains and rich valleys and traditional houses of Bugis, and Torajan, saddle-roofed houses (tongkonan).
Then Tator (Tana Toraja) infront of the eyes….. the hilly view with strong rocky mountain and rice field in Torajan highland catch by us, we arrived in Rantepao totally exhausted, and as is always the way when you're tired beyond comprehensionhen then we check in the hotel and take a rest for a while before explore the Torajan Highland!
A classic cliff-grave and tau-tau site, there are balconies cut into the cliff-side where dozens of tau-tau figures stand, their arms outstretched in front of them as if in supplication, with open white eyes, one hand for asking and other hand giving blessing.
When we enter to the burial cave in Londa, the scary....scary and scary thing jump into my mind..... scary to see all that skull but amazing that to see this great culture of Tana Toraja.
She so cute, she just standing to see people come to the shop... and she is a local girl in traditional cloths of Tana... more travel advice
To make grave in this big stone.... need about 1-2 years!!! more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Rantepao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rambu Solo, Solo Traveller"
- "TANAH TORAJA - Sulawesi"
- "Tana Toraja - The Charming of Torajan Highland"
- "TANAH TORAJA"
- "Amazing Torajaland"
- "Rantepao - Tana Toraja"
- "Tomate: Torajan Funeral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rantepao
- Hotels in Rantepao
- Transportation in Rantepao
- Nightlife in Rantepao
- Restaurants in Rantepao
- Shopping in Rantepao
- Warnings and Dangers in Rantepao
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rantepao
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Rantepao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rantepao
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos