"Singkawang - Amoy City" Singkawang by black_mimi99
Singkawang Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 25 photos
Singkawang is located about 160 km north of Pontianak, the provincial capital, and is surrounded by the mountains Pasi, Poteng and Sakok, and Natuna sea. Singkawang, in Hakka Chinese name "San Kew Yong" mean "the town under foothill, estuary and the sea".
What I like from this city is the Lotus fruits.... I really like it since I was kid. and When I visit to this city again....I will always looking this Lotus fruits... And each corner of this city, we can find temples.... cos this city 70% is Chinese....Hakka Dialect, that's why this city it called Little China, or Amoy city, "Amoy" mean Teenage in Hakka dialect.
It say if we go trhough this bridge, and wish, then we will find our match, soulmate....:), and we can read in kanji, write on the bridge.
Every corner, we can find like this temple. When Lunar year come, this city become bussy city cos of celebration of CHinese Lunar year.
White sand, good view, good place for suntan...and also swimming....:) more travel advice
black_mimi99's Related Pages
Singkawang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Showdown in Little China!!!"
- "Singkawang - Amoy City"
- "Singkawang (Old Chinese Town)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singkawang
- Hotels in Singkawang
- Transportation in Singkawang
- Nightlife in Singkawang
- Restaurants in Singkawang
- Shopping in Singkawang
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Singkawang
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Singkawang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singkawang
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sancerre Intro, 56 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 48 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pegunungan Dieng Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chenonceau Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Pekanbaru Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pontianak Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos