"Singkawang - Amoy City" Singkawang by black_mimi99

Singkawang Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 25 photos

Little China

Singkawang is located about 160 km north of Pontianak, the provincial capital, and is surrounded by the mountains Pasi, Poteng and Sakok, and Natuna sea. Singkawang, in Hakka Chinese name "San Kew Yong" mean "the town under foothill, estuary and the sea".

What I like from this city is the Lotus fruits.... I really like it since I was kid. and When I visit to this city again....I will always looking this Lotus fruits... And each corner of this city, we can find temples.... cos this city 70% is Chinese....Hakka Dialect, that's why this city it called Little China, or Amoy city, "Amoy" mean Teenage in Hakka dialect.

Match Bridge

It say if we go trhough this bridge, and wish, then we will find our match, soulmate....:), and we can read in kanji, write on the bridge.

Chinese Temple

Every corner, we can find like this temple. When Lunar year come, this city become bussy city cos of celebration of CHinese Lunar year.

• Last visit to Singkawang: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 9, 2006

• Jun 18, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Hi Mimi, I would like to go to Kalimantan (Pontianak )and Singkawang next week,could u pls advice which hotels is good,cheap,safe and convinient,thks ! How is the transportation ?cost ?I am from Taipei

black_mimi99

“You never know how far you can fly, until you spread your wings...”

Badges & Stats in Singkawang

Have you been to Singkawang?

Latest Activity in Singkawang