"Lesotho" Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho by sachara
Lesotho Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 818 photos
Lesotho, a former British Colony, is independent since 1966. Now it is called the little kingdom in the sky with Letsie III as king, crowned in 1997.
Lesotho lowest point is 1000M and its highest point is 3.500M.
Lesotho has 2 million inhabitants and is enclosed by the border with South Africa ( provinces Eastern Cape, Kwazulu-Natal and Free State).
The Basotho people, living in Lesotho, speak Sesotho and English. They are very friendly and still have some traditional lifestyles.
We really enjoyed our short stay of three days in this little kingdom in the sky.
In the village we visited during our pony ride we saw a lot of round traditional huts. These huts were made of local... more travel advice
Lesotho is at nice country for hiking or pony riding. The lowest point of ''the kingdom in the sky'' is at 1000M and the... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Lesotho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Three generations trek over the Roof of Africa!"
- "Lesotho - The Kingdom in the sky"
- "LESOTHO. THE KINGDOM OF THE SKY"
- "LESOTHO - KINGDOM IN THE SKY"
- "Basotho Village Treks"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lesotho
- Hotels in Lesotho
- Transportation in Lesotho
- Nightlife in Lesotho
- Restaurants in Lesotho
- Shopping in Lesotho
- Warnings and Dangers in Lesotho
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lesotho
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Lesotho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lesotho
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 68 reviews, 355 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues