"Labrang" Top 5 Page for this destination Xiahe by sachara

Xiahe Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 216 photos

Labrang and Xiahe
Labrang in the Gansu Province was an important place for us to visit during our trip to Mongolia and Tibet with Tibetan Buddhism as ''red thread''
The Labrang Monastery or Labulengsi Monastery is the most important Tibetan monastery of China outside Tibet and lays in the little town Xiahe 260 KM south west of Lanzhou.

Linxia
On our way from Lanzhou to Xiahe we passed the town Linxia, where the Hui and Dongxiang minorities, originally coming from Arabia, live.
Because I can find no Linxia in the VT system, I put the information on this page under the ''off the ebaten track'' section.

• Last visit to Xiahe: Aug 1991
  • Intro Updated Nov 6, 2003

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Amazing destination. I have not heard of this place before this. Wonderful monasteries and beautiful pictures. Cheers, SL :)

• Youdi's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 11:59 PM

What a great page.. I truely love that place and wanna be there right now..ur page brings back good memories.. all the best Youdi

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 10:44 PM

Both Labrang and Lyxia look awesome.I like the picture of that mosque in pagoda! Haha, you were lucky to meet old travel friends there, unbelievable!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 7:39 AM

Amazing page!! Brings back so many wonderful memories. I now feel sorry, that I skipped Linxia on the way to Xiahe.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2005 at 2:43 PM

An interesting piece of work. Seeing your page, make going to China more compelling for me! Thanks for sharing.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 2:34 PM

Ali, what an amazing experience this must have been! You are so lucky to have travelled to such 'remote' places as Xiahe and have been able to see some small bit of local life! Amazing that you met old travel friends there!!!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 5:53 AM

What a fasinating place to visit. I must put this on my list. Thanks for the great tips and photos.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 3:41 AM

Great page and travelogues about this wonderful corner of the world! Reading your page make me dream of going here, it looks so fascinating and beautiful.

• percy961's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2004 at 10:57 AM

Some really Great Photo's, what interesting pages and it must be a fascinating country to visit.

• tompt's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2004 at 5:48 AM

looking great ! Thanks for the tips, looking forward to visit in a few weeks.

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour. ”

Badges & Stats in Xiahe