"Senegal" Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal by sachara

Senegal Travel Guide: 637 reviews and 1,680 photos

Casamance

The first time I visited Senegal was in 1996. From Gambia we payed a short visit to the south of Senegal, the area between the Gambian border and the Casamance river.

We made a trip with a pirogue north of the Casamance River in an area with swamps, palm groves, mangrove and small rivers and creeks. On one of the many islands we visited the small village Kailo.

In Kafountine we visited the wunderfull beach. On our way back to the Gambian border we visited a joyfull village Bantam.

In 2016 I visited Senegal for the 3rd time. The Dakar and St Louis area in the north west. Updates will follow soon.

Parc du Niokolo Koba

In 2004 we visited Senegal for the second time. Also this time we came from Gambia.

We visited the Niokolo Koba Park in the south east before heading further to the east to the Malinese border at Kidira.

Tambacounda

On our way to Mali we had a stop in Tambacounda for repairing our car, shopping and internet.

• Last visit to Senegal: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2006 at 8:04 AM

Fantastic pictures and tips revealing the best of this fascinating place. A real adventure. I'd love to discover this wonderful part of Africa.

• jose_a_juan's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 2:18 PM

helful tips and very nice pics. thanks

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 8:35 AM

This is a fantastic page. You really capture the spirit of the places you write about. Those locusts are amazing - you could barbecue them for dinner! leyle

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2005 at 1:23 AM

I'll be in Dakar in January for work! I'd like to explore the rest of the country, if I'll have the time. Your page is extremely helpful, informative and fantastic as always! Stunning photos as well!!!

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2005 at 8:56 PM

Fascinating tour of Senegal ... almost like a dream ... piroque rides, swamps, mangroves and locusts :) Lovely streets pictures of Tambacounda ... those innertubes are quite intriguing.

• mardaska's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 12:14 AM

Very nice...and informative...I am thinking of going there soon...Your page is really helpful!

• Feb 18, 2005 at 3:40 AM

A wonderful page on a country that really worth it. Senegal is too much seen as a "big resort - no lacals" destination.

• damaris05's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 5:27 PM

Ali, wonderful page of Senegal. Great pictures! Thank you for sharing.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 7:26 AM

Neatiful shots and great writings. I like your Local Customs tips especially!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 3:34 AM

Splendid page, I'd love to go to Sengal for sure, you had great shot of the Waiting Co hee hee best African expert Alije!

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour. ”

Badges & Stats in Senegal

Have you been to Senegal?

Latest Activity in Senegal