"Morocco" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco by sachara
Morocco Travel Guide: 10,286 reviews and 29,334 photos
Morocco was the first country I visited at the African continent in 1975. I enjoyed that first trip to Tangier, Fez, Rissani, Gorges du Todra, Ouarzazate, Marrakech, El Jadida and Rabat. I discovered another world and I was excited. The good feeling is still there, but the memories are faded a bit. Also because my camera broke down and I only have a few pictures left of that first trip. My second visit was to the north toTangier and Tetouan in 1983.
In 1992, 2000 and 2001 I visited the south of Morocco starting from Agadir, I came back to Marrakech. I visited Zagora, Ait Ben Haddou, Taroudannt, Tata, Tafraoute and more beautifull places.
In 2004 I crossed Morocco from Mauritania and Western Sahara to Spain. In 2007 I came to Morocco twice visiting Marrakech for the third time and Agadir for the fourth time. This time Essaouira was new for me. In 2008 I made a trip in the south, visiting Ouarzazate, Nkob, Rissani, Merzouga, Dades Valley, Ait Ben Haddou and Agadir. In 2009 I came back for the VT pre-euromeet in Marrakech. In 2011 I celebrated my birthday in Fès and visited Meknes and Volubilis. In 2015 I came back to Marrakech. From there I visited a friend and her Sahraoui family in Zagora. During 5 days we walked with camels to visit her nomad family in the desert.
Morocco is a country to come back often. From the Netherlands it's very easy to fly to Morocco, only a few hours, mostly with rather cheap charterflights.
Morocco has a lot to offer. Culture and nature, both make it worth to visit Morocco. And mostly the people are very friendly and helpful.
Mountains, ocean, desert, valleys, gorges.... A lot of variety in natural beauty.
Here on this Morocco page you can find information of Tangier, Fes and Tetouan. Of the other destinations listed below, this Morocco page gives only an overview. For more detailed information you can have a look at the following pages:
Ait Ben Haddou
The Roman ruins of Volubilis are an UNESCO World Heritage site. The site was first inhabited by traders from Carthago in... more travel advice
When you go from Ouarzazate to the Draa Valley and Zagora, you will first pass an impressive and barren mountaineous... more travel advice
- See All By car
- See All Ait Ben Haddou, great view at the kasbah
- See All Argan trees and oil
sachara's Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "A day of wandering during Ramadan 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 284 Reviews
- 1,109 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (162)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 72 reviews, 375 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues