"Morocco" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco by sachara

Morocco Travel Guide: 10,348 reviews and 29,761 photos

country with many faces

Morocco was the first country I visited at the African continent in 1975. I enjoyed that first trip to Tangier, Fez, Rissani, Gorges du Todra, Ouarzazate, Marrakech, El Jadida and Rabat. I discovered another world and I was excited. The good feeling is still there, but the memories are faded a bit. Also because my camera broke down and I only have a few pictures left of that first trip. My second visit was to the north toTangier and Tetouan in 1983.

In 1992, 2000 and 2001 I visited the south of Morocco starting from Agadir, I came back to Marrakech. I visited Zagora, Ait Ben Haddou, Taroudannt, Tata, Tafraoute and more beautifull places.

In 2004 I crossed Morocco from Mauritania and Western Sahara to Spain. In 2007 I came to Morocco twice visiting Marrakech for the third time and Agadir for the fourth time. This time Essaouira was new for me. In 2008 I made a trip in the south, visiting Ouarzazate, Nkob, Rissani, Merzouga, Dades Valley, Ait Ben Haddou and Agadir. In 2009 I came back for the VT pre-euromeet in Marrakech. In 2011 I celebrated my birthday in Fès and visited Meknes and Volubilis. In 2015 I came back to Marrakech. From there I visited a friend and her Sahraoui family in Zagora. During 5 days we walked with camels to visit her nomad family in the desert.

Morocco is a country to come back often. From the Netherlands it's very easy to fly to Morocco, only a few hours, mostly with rather cheap charterflights.

Morocco has a lot to offer. Culture and nature, both make it worth to visit Morocco. And mostly the people are very friendly and helpful.

Mountains, ocean, desert, valleys, gorges.... A lot of variety in natural beauty.

This Morocco page gives an overview. For more information you can have also a look at the following pages:
Agadir

• Last visit to Morocco: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Thanks for your wonderful story, Ali! What a splendid experience for you!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Hi Ali, your Morocco tips are great.Photos too. Congrats.Bora

• Rumi-fan's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Your deset skies pics are fabulous! Nature certainly provides us with some sensational moments: sunsets, so momentary, so brief, so fleeting....but a sweet to the eye and spirit. Lovely pics.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I missed the first bus to Blarney! Great to see you again too!

• AFRICAMEET2011's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Cool. Thnaks for your support! Can't wait to see that book! All the best, DAO

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Hello ALi, nice to hear you! I heard that summers starting earlier... said its 25-26 graden there??? Well get ready for your summer however ;)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Hi very enjoyable coverage of the sights and experiences special around Morocco.

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Nice page..Morroco is really interesting with many faces

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Very interesting tips and very nice pictures! I have read everything with great interest!

• boutahas's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 11:25 PM

This is one of ur very rare pics on VT! I really love it and wish I was that tour guide to take u all aver the places!

sachara Visits Here Frequently!

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour. ”

Badges & Stats in Morocco

• 1,137 Photos

Have you been to Morocco?

Latest Activity in Morocco