"Morocco" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco by sachara

Morocco Travel Guide: 10,264 reviews and 28,889 photos

country with many faces

Morocco was the first country I visited at the African continent in 1975. I enjoyed that first trip to Tangier, Fez, Rissani, Gorges du Todra, Ouarzazate, Marrakech, El Jadida and Rabat. I discovered another world and I was excited. The good feeling is still there, but the memories are faded a bit. Also because my camera broke down and I only have a few pictures left of that first trip. My second visit was to the north toTangier and Tetouan in 1983.

In 1992, 2000 and 2001 I visited the south of Morocco starting from Agadir, I came back to Marrakech. I visited Zagora, Ait Ben Haddou, Taroudannt, Tata, Tafraoute and more beautifull places.

In 2004 I crossed Morocco from Mauritania and Western Sahara to Spain. In 2007 I came to Morocco twice visiting Marrakech for the third time and Agadir for the fourth time. This time Essaouira was new for me. In 2008 I made a trip in the south, visiting Ouarzazate, Nkob, Rissani, Merzouga, Dades Valley, Ait Ben Haddou and Agadir. In 2009 I came back for the VT pre-euromeet in Marrakech. In 2011 I celebrated my birthday in Fès and visited Meknes and Volubilis.

Morocco is a country to come back often. From the Netherlands it's very easy to fly to Morocco, only a few hours, mostly with rather cheap charterflights.

Morocco has a lot to offer. Culture and nature, both make it worth to visit Morocco. And mostly the people are very friendly and helpful.

Mountains, ocean, desert, valleys, gorges.... A lot of variety in natural beauty.

Here on this Morocco page you can find information of Tangier, Fes and Tetouan. Of the other destinations listed below, this Morocco page gives only an overview. For more detailed information you can have a look at the following pages:
Agadir

• Last visit to Morocco: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 28, 2012

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Thanks for your wonderful story, Ali! What a splendid experience for you!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Hi Ali, your Morocco tips are great.Photos too. Congrats.Bora

• Rumi-fan's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Your deset skies pics are fabulous! Nature certainly provides us with some sensational moments: sunsets, so momentary, so brief, so fleeting....but a sweet to the eye and spirit. Lovely pics.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I missed the first bus to Blarney! Great to see you again too!

• AFRICAMEET2011's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Cool. Thnaks for your support! Can't wait to see that book! All the best, DAO

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Hello ALi, nice to hear you! I heard that summers starting earlier... said its 25-26 graden there??? Well get ready for your summer however ;)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Hi very enjoyable coverage of the sights and experiences special around Morocco.

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Nice page..Morroco is really interesting with many faces

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Very interesting tips and very nice pictures! I have read everything with great interest!

• boutahas's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 11:25 PM

This is one of ur very rare pics on VT! I really love it and wish I was that tour guide to take u all aver the places!

sachara Visits Here Frequently!

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Morocco

• 1,109 Photos

Have you been to Morocco?

Latest Activity in Morocco