"Region of Kayes" Region de Kayes by sachara

Region de Kayes Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 69 photos

In 2004 I visited Mali for the second time, when we travelled from Senegal, the Kidira - Dibolo border to Kayes and from there to the north to Mauritania.

Form Kayes to the north we followed a track, where we didn't see hardly any other traffic. On our way to Mauritania we crossed several interesting villages.

In the villages the people we met were very friendly. They were very curious, why we crossed their village and very willing to show us the next track in the direction of the Mauritanian border.

We didn't see hardly any other traffic en route, except this truck having troubles.

• Last visit to Region de Kayes: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 15, 2005

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 12:42 AM

must be difficult to visit mali only with local public transportation ; and crossing borders in africa is always a good opportunity to be ripped off by the police

• spitball's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 10:37 PM

I truly love your photography style. Very well done.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 3:10 AM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA I just adore the pgoto of Co in dust, seems he had pleasure to become a local citizen LOL LOL

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 8:49 PM

How I wish that I was there with you on this amazing trip!! Great tips and photos Ali. Baobabs are my favourites and these ones look really awesome! Interesting to read of your enjoyment of Hotel Tieba and it's cold beers too!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 3:17 PM

Great page and great updates! Thank you very much for sharing it with us here on VT!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 4:57 AM

Fantastic page and tips. I have neeever heard of cleaning ones teeth with a stick of wood. Outstanding photos,Ali.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 4:38 AM

Lovely Mali page, Huge updates Ali. Thanks for sharing.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 6:35 AM

Ali, you know, how keen I am on any information about Mali - especially about places, that I remember from my trip! Enjoyed your page VERY much - thanks for your great work!!

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Region de Kayes

Have you been to Region de Kayes?

Latest Activity in Region de Kayes