"Malawi, the warm heart of Africa" Top 5 Page for this destination Malawi by sachara
Malawi Travel Guide: 531 reviews and 1,257 photos
Malawi, also known as "the warm heart of Africa", not only warm because of the the tropical climate, but especially due to the friendliness and the warmth of its people.
You can easily feel yourself ''at home'' in Malawi. It's a laid-back and easygoing country with not much serious crime.
Malawi is also known as "the land of the lake''. Lake Malawi covers 15% of the country with a distance of 587 KM following the contours of the Great Rift Valley. At some parts the river is 100 KM wide.
We visited Malawi in 1994.
We arrived in Lilongwe by plane from Amsterdam, travelled to the Lake Malawi, Liwonde, Zomba and Blantyre.
From Blantyre we took the bus to Harare, Zimbabwe.
We visited the Mulanje area only for one day. The Mulanje Massif has an easy acces from Blantyre, well-organised and... more travel advice
I like markets everywhere in the world. The markets in Africa are always very colourful and vivid. I always like to find... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Malawi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MALAWI - THE WARMEST HEART OF AFRICA -"
- "Malawi, the warm heart of Africa"
- "Malawi - The Warm Heart Of Africa"
- "Malawi...the "warm heart of Africa!""
- "Beautiful Lake Malawi"
- "Travelling through Malawi"
- "Safari days 12 - 16"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malawi
- Hotels in Malawi
- Transportation in Malawi
- Nightlife in Malawi
- Restaurants in Malawi
- Shopping in Malawi
- Warnings and Dangers in Malawi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malawi
- 40 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (194)
Have you been to Malawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malawi
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 72 reviews, 375 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues