"Botswana" Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana by sachara

Botswana Travel Guide: 748 reviews and 2,420 photos

Okavango Delta, magical place

In 1994 I visited for the first time Botswana. We came from the Vicfalls in Zimbabwe by plane to Maun. From Maun we flied with a cesna to the Inner Delta of the Okavango. With another flight we flied to the Moremi Wildlife Reserve ( Moremi Peninsula). There a bushtruck was waiting for us. From there we made a wonderfull trip in the Moremi Wildlife Reserve and the Chobe National Park and returned to Kasane, the base of our bushtruck.

In 1999 we travelled -coming from Johannesburg- from the south, Francistown, to the north to Kasane and a part of Chobe NP. We crossed the Chobe river at Ngoma to the Caprivi Strip in Namibia.

Chobe National Park, between the animals

In the Chobe National Park we saw a lot of wildlife: herds of elephants and buffalo's and at the last day... lions!

• Last visit to Botswana: Aug 1999
  • Intro Updated Jul 31, 2003

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I'm reading the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and I wanted to get a feel of the place where it's happening. I remembered that you've been to many places in Africa so here I am. Great page and amazing photos! I would really like to see Africa - hopefully it will happen someday. Greetings from Bucharest, hope to see you again in Sibiu.

• sachara's Profile Photo
      Jan 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Andreea, my visit to Botswana was wonderful. Yes, I have plans to come to Sibiu. It will be great to meet you again.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2011 at 7:58 AM

This is somewhere I REALLY want to visit! Beautiful opening shot and many others besides - the early morning cheetahs especially :-) Odd Balls camp sounds fun, and the flights over the delta very special

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I always thought elephants were such peaceful animals! But two of them started fighting just 3 m from your truck. -- You saw masses of wild animals, lots more than we saw in Mozambique.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
      Jan 26, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Botswana has always had more animals than Mocambique where , from a Naturalist viewpoint, the Civil war or 60s-70s took it's toll

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2009 at 2:38 AM

Wow, a lovely page and what awesome photos! Especially the three leopards in the morning sun - Africa holds my heart x

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Your sequence of tips about the Okavango brings it all back to me. We did almost the same thing as you but back in the mid80s - from Oddballs after Cessna flight. We absolutely loved it. Thanks for the memories and woderful photos. Mike

• claude-andre's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Next week we fly to Souther Africa: Cape Town, Nambia, Botswana and Zambia. On a tour group wich is quite unusual for us. Your pages are of great interest.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2008 at 1:46 PM

I really enjoyed your pages . We are starting to plan our very first trip to Africa. I'll be reading you pages with interest.

• Jul 25, 2008 at 3:08 AM

very nice profile photo dear...missing u, i know i've been bad in keepin in touch lately, but hope to meet you sometime soon, i'm goin to cairo next week with my partn for a few days, hugs to u and co, salam:^)

• Kid-A's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 5:23 AM

Nice Botswana page! I jut found out I'll be going to Zambia, Botswana and South Africa on business in January, and am now dreaming up all my side trips! Thanks for the info! Brian

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2006 at 9:29 PM

This is indeed a dream destination. I have been impressed by the size of the termitory ! Superb photo of the three cheetahs ! You were really very lucky to see them !

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Botswana

Have you been to Botswana?

Latest Activity in Botswana