"Botswana" Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana by sachara

Botswana Travel Guide: 752 reviews and 2,767 photos

Okavango Delta, magical place

In 1994 I visited for the first time Botswana. We came from the Vicfalls in Zimbabwe by plane to Maun. From Maun we flied with a cesna to the Inner Delta of the Okavango. With another flight we flied to the Moremi Wildlife Reserve ( Moremi Peninsula). There a bushtruck was waiting for us. From there we made a wonderfull trip in the Moremi Wildlife Reserve and the Chobe National Park and returned to Kasane, the base of our bushtruck.

In 1999 we travelled -coming from Johannesburg- from the south, Francistown, to the north to Kasane and a part of Chobe NP. We crossed the Chobe river at Ngoma to the Caprivi Strip in Namibia.

Chobe National Park, between the animals

In the Chobe National Park we saw a lot of wildlife: herds of elephants and buffalo's and at the last day... lions!

• Last visit to Botswana: Aug 1999
  • Intro Updated Jul 31, 2003

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Ali, I enjoy reading about your continuous search for the beauty in Africa and I believe you have discovered it. Well done!

• sachara's Profile Photo
      Jul 3, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Victor, I realise that it's allready 20 years ago when I visited Botswana for the first time. Time is flying. Thanks for your visit and ratings.

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I'm reading the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and I wanted to get a feel of the place where it's happening. I remembered that you've been to many places in Africa so here I am. Great page and amazing photos! I would really like to see Africa - hopefully it will happen someday. Greetings from Bucharest, hope to see you again in Sibiu.

• sachara's Profile Photo
      Jan 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Andreea, my visit to Botswana was wonderful. Yes, I have plans to come to Sibiu. It will be great to meet you again.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2011 at 7:58 AM

This is somewhere I REALLY want to visit! Beautiful opening shot and many others besides - the early morning cheetahs especially :-) Odd Balls camp sounds fun, and the flights over the delta very special

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I always thought elephants were such peaceful animals! But two of them started fighting just 3 m from your truck. -- You saw masses of wild animals, lots more than we saw in Mozambique.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
      Jan 26, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Botswana has always had more animals than Mocambique where , from a Naturalist viewpoint, the Civil war or 60s-70s took it's toll

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2009 at 2:38 AM

Wow, a lovely page and what awesome photos! Especially the three leopards in the morning sun - Africa holds my heart x

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Your sequence of tips about the Okavango brings it all back to me. We did almost the same thing as you but back in the mid80s - from Oddballs after Cessna flight. We absolutely loved it. Thanks for the memories and woderful photos. Mike

• claude-andre's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Next week we fly to Souther Africa: Cape Town, Nambia, Botswana and Zambia. On a tour group wich is quite unusual for us. Your pages are of great interest.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2008 at 1:46 PM

I really enjoyed your pages . We are starting to plan our very first trip to Africa. I'll be reading you pages with interest.

• Jul 25, 2008 at 3:08 AM

very nice profile photo dear...missing u, i know i've been bad in keepin in touch lately, but hope to meet you sometime soon, i'm goin to cairo next week with my partn for a few days, hugs to u and co, salam:^)

• Kid-A's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 5:23 AM

Nice Botswana page! I jut found out I'll be going to Zambia, Botswana and South Africa on business in January, and am now dreaming up all my side trips! Thanks for the info! Brian

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour. ”

Badges & Stats in Botswana

Have you been to Botswana?

Latest Activity in Botswana