"The five towns of the M'zab" Wilaya de Ghardaia by sachara
Wilaya de Ghardaia Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 163 photos
In the valley, the M'Zab, live the Mozabites.
In the 11th century this islamic sect of Berber people leave the mainstream and went their own way. They built 5 ksour, fortified cities at top of high pinnacles dominating the Mzab Valley. These settlements are prefectly adapted to the environment.
Ghardaïa is the largest of the five towns in the M'Zab. The other towns are Melika, Beni Isguen, Bou Noura and El Ateuf.
In the palmeraie of Ghardaïa you see a lot of green. The inhabitants have a lot of different kinds of fruit trees,... more travel advice
It's nice to walk around in the town of Bou Noura. Especially the area round the mosque is very peaceful and quiet. I... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Wilaya de Ghardaia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The M'Zab, a unique location."
- "The five towns of the M'zab"
- "A short Visit to Ghardaia"
- "moved to Ghardaia page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wilaya de Ghardaia
- Hotels in Wilaya de Ghardaia
- Transportation in Wilaya de Ghardaia
- Restaurants in Wilaya de Ghardaia
- Shopping in Wilaya de Ghardaia
- Warnings and Dangers in Wilaya de Ghardaia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilaya de Ghardaia
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (194)
Have you been to Wilaya de Ghardaia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilaya de Ghardaia
- Posted in Travel Central African Republic Forum "Re: Central African Republic"
- Commented on one of JLBG's Wilaya de Ghardaia travel pages
- updated a Wilaya de Ghardaia Travel Page "The five towns of the M'zab"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Palmeraie, green behind walls"
- Wrote a Review Palmeraie, green behind walls in Wilaya de Ghardaia Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Wilaya de GhardaiaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 72 reviews, 375 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues