"United Arab Emirates" Top 5 Page for this destination United Arab Emirates by sachara

United Arab Emirates Travel Guide: 5,386 reviews and 16,359 photos

Short visit
We visited the United Arab Emirates for only one week.
We liked to see a lot. So we did a fly-drive and stayed in six different hotels in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Hatta, Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah.
And we did see a lot, visited all the emirates and experienced the differences, like the modern citylife in the large cities and the rural life in the oasis towns and villages, but mostly from inside the car !

Hot
In May it was allready extremely hot, so we didn't walk around a lot in the towns, villages, oasis and mountains, like we used to do.
The UAE is a country for cars, air-conditioned cars. So we drove with our airconditoned car to airconditioned hotels, shops, museums and even and airconditoned zoo, like all people did.
We hardly saw anybody outdoors.
When we made a walk in the palmeraie of Al Ain once early in the morning, people looked surprised at us from behind their carwindows.

Pictures
Because of these peculiar circumstances, I didn't make as many pictures I'm used to either.
I thought I made more, but these pictures are only in my mind, I couldn't find them in my album.

• Last visit to United Arab Emirates: May 2001
  • Intro Updated Dec 4, 2003

• jivanne96's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2010 at 4:21 AM

your page is helpful...am thinking of goin to Al Ain

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 5:34 AM

Wow, Ali - now this is the way to see the Emirates - thoroughly enjoyed Kalba and all your photos/detail. Grand tour of more than the well-trodden Dubai. Grazie, Carol <(•¿•)>

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Hi- we are having a stop-over in Abu Dhabi in Feb 2010- thinking of spending a few days in UAE. Your page was most helpful, Thanks

• John195123's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Very nice page! I'll be back!

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2007 at 9:20 AM

Excellent tips of the Emirates! You managed to see so much in a week! Did you find it too rushing?

• Aug 20, 2006 at 4:26 AM

hello. I have been touring the emirates and yet most of the places I have not seen..like wadis and waterfalls. if can anyone tell me more on wadi's and waterfalls and how to go there. http://travel.blogspirit.com

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 1:00 AM

Wow, you saw a lot in six days! Great tips with excellent photos. I've never really given the place much time: just used it as a stopover. I am thinking about taking it more seriously after reading your page.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2005 at 11:34 AM

Hi Ali, quite a diverse country, on one hand you have the ultra modern on the other you have the traditional, you can't get much better than that, great read Cliffie

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2005 at 11:29 AM

Another great page on this interesting area. Given me ideas for my next visit.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2005 at 1:24 PM

UAE looks wonderful through your eyes, hope to visit one day soon.

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in United Arab Emirates

Have you been to United Arab Emirates?

Latest Activity in United Arab Emirates