Oman Favorite Tips by sachara Top 5 Page for this destination
Oman Favorites: 52 reviews and 49 photos
drawings about traffic
Favorite thing: Because of the week of the traffic there was also a contest of drawings.
In the shopping mall we had a look at the results, presented in an exhibition. There were a lot of other visitors.
I liked the drawings very much, learning something about traffic in Oman and local customs. Themes in the drawings were, wearing your safety belt, not biking between cars, being aware of camels on the road and more.
I put some pictures of these nice drawings in a travelogue, so have a look.
exhibition of numberplates
Favorite thing: Because of the week of the traffic there was an exhibition of numberplatesin one of the shopping mall we visited.
Our driver explained us the meaning of the different identification plates, becasue there were not only the regular ones, but also some special ones, of the UN, of the Corps Diplomatique, of the export ministry or of cars for learning to drive.
Favorite thing: Also the press was present in the shopping mall during the festivities of the ''week of the traffic''.
The reporter of the local radiostation made a interview with someboby of the ministry. They told us, it was the minister himself.
Also the reporter is wearing the traditional dress.
Muscat, week of the traffic
Favorite thing: In the shopping mall, where we heard the bag-pipe music, were some festivities because of the ''week of the traffic''.
We saw a lot of officials of the ministry of traffic. Like legally is required, all the employees of the ministry wear the traditional dishdasha, a long dressshirt, mostly white for the government.
They were also wearing their traditional khanjar (knife) and a turban.
Favorite thing: In greater Muscat we not only visited the older parts and museums, but we also went to some modern shopping malls. We even visited an ice-skating hall, the coolest place in town ! In one of the shopping malls we heard bagpipe-music.
So you can really say, Muscat is a place of contrasts and surprises !!
More Reviews (54)
sachara's Related Pages
Oman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oman - The Essence of Arabia"
- "Oman . . My Home of Three Years"
- "Beautiful Oman"
- "Eid Mubarak"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oman
- Hotels in Oman
- Transportation in Oman
- Nightlife in Oman
- Restaurants in Oman
- Shopping in Oman
- Warnings and Dangers in Oman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oman
- 59 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Oman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oman
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 70 reviews, 365 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues