"Armenia" Top 5 Page for this destination Armenia by sachara

Armenia Travel Guide: 653 reviews and 2,490 photos

In 1986 we visited Georgia and Armenia. We came overland from Georgia.

Unfortunately we had bad weather en route, rain, snow, hail and even thunder. So we didn't have really good views in the mountains and at the Sewan Lake, where we had our lunch.

In Jerevan we stayed three days in the Ani Hotel before flying to Uzbekistan.

From Yerevan we visited Echmiadzin, the old capital of Armenia and the ruins in Zvartnots.

• Last visit to Armenia: May 1986
  • Intro Updated Feb 20, 2005

• grets's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2007 at 1:23 AM

I am toying with the idea of Georgia and Armenia for next year, but concerned about being a little church'ed out!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Enjoyed your architectiral & historical slant ;-)))

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Hi Lady. Is ther ahywhere you HAVEN'T been? you produce the best tips overall. thanks again. joe

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2006 at 7:15 AM

Very interesting. Recently was reading about the Armenian Genocide of 1915-1917, so it sparked some interest in the region and country.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2006 at 8:21 PM

I've seen Mt Ararat several times from a plane - next year I hope to see it from Yerevan - sadly it will still be across the border. Nice page - it will be interesting to see how things may have changed. leyle

• novsco61's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 3:22 AM

Great page, Ali.It seems that Soviet built only big,massive building.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 12:04 AM

Armenia is a beautiful country! Nice that you saw the Cascade with water (there were no water when I was there)!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 10:17 PM

Many very interesting tips. I am curious what changed there since the Soviet Union fall... well, you can revisit it and compare... I can only go there for the first time.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 9:08 AM

Some very interesting stuff here Ali, from those bygone days! The Soviets certainly liked their massive and soaring projects where thousands could gather! The Armenian church styles are very appealing - worth being on UNESCO's list!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 3:00 AM

Very nice page, the pictures are wonderful dear Alije ;-D

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Armenia

Have you been to Armenia?

Latest Activity in Armenia