"Turkmenistan" Top 5 Page for this destination Turkmenistan by sachara
Turkmenistan Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 703 photos
In summer 2008 I started my silk road trip in Turkmenistan. We visited first the capital Ashgabat in the south. We stayed in the desert in the small village Kerkirdek north of the capital. From there we travelled by train to the north to visit the historical site Konye Urgench before heading to Uzbekistan.
We visited Konye Urgench in summer. It was about 40-50C, I suppose. I was not sure to climb Kyrk Molla. It's a sacred... more travel advice
In the citycentre of Ashgabat is the Earthquake Memorial and Museum. This monument is dedicated to the victims of the... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Turkmenistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkmenistan: ruins, desert and a mad dictator"
- "Turkmenistan a Magic Carpet ride"
- "I Like This 'Stan'"
- "Turkmenistan one of the few tolitary states!"
- "AN AMAZING COUNTRY THAT DOESN'T LIKE TOURISTS"
- "Turkmenistan - Strange Country...great people!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkmenistan
- Hotels in Turkmenistan
- Transportation in Turkmenistan
- Nightlife in Turkmenistan
- Restaurants in Turkmenistan
- Shopping in Turkmenistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkmenistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkmenistan
- 38 Reviews
- 179 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (195)
Have you been to Turkmenistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkmenistan
- Posted in Travel Madeira Island Forum "Re: Botanical Gardens"
- updated a Turkmenistan Travel Page "Turkmenistan"
- Commented on one of sachara's Turkmenistan tips
- Uploaded a Video to Turkmenistan
- Wrote a Review Konye Urgench, fertility rite at Kyrk Molla in Turkmenistan Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Konye Urgench, UNESCO world heritage site"
Videos in TurkmenistanSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 72 reviews, 375 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues