"Rotterdam" Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam by sachara
Rotterdam Travel Guide: 1,536 reviews and 4,070 photos
I visited Rotterdam many many times. For work, for concerts, theatre, conferences, meetings, shopping, museums, exhibitions, architecture and many more. Mostly for one day. I like the cosmopolitan and vibrant atmosphere of the city.
The first book of Rotterdam I saw as kid has the statue of Zadkine at its frontcover. It took me many years before I saw this impressive statue 'devastated city' for the first time myself.
When you walk in Rotterdam, you see a mixture of old buildings and striking modern architecture. And the harbours are never far away.
Typical scene of Rotterdam. The boats in the old harbours, view at the river Maas, the high modern buildings, the bridges, some historical buildings.
At the picture you have a look from the Veerhaven towards the 'Kop van Zuid' with the high modern buildings and the Hotel 'New York', the place from where in former days huge cruise ships departed for New York and other far destinations.
- In a nutshell:Cosmopolitan and vibrant city
Around the Oude Haven there are several bars and restaurants with terraces at the old harbour. It's a nice place to sit... more travel advice
When I visit Rotterdam, I usually arrive by train at the Central Station. Or I take here the Thalys to Paris. In fact... more travel advice
- See All Witte de With straat: Jan Jansen shoes
- See All Shipping and Transport College
- See All In the former building of the...
sachara's Related Pages
Rotterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rotterdam, the most vibrant Dutch city !"
- "Rotterdam - Ik ben een 010er!"
- "Rotterdam: new territory for tourists"
- "Rotterdam a BIG small city"
- "Rotterdam, harbour city."
- "Rotterdam: Architecture Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rotterdam
- Hotels in Rotterdam
- Transportation in Rotterdam
- Nightlife in Rotterdam
- Restaurants in Rotterdam
- Shopping in Rotterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Rotterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rotterdam
- 70 Reviews
- 304 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (195)
Have you been to Rotterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rotterdam
- Posted in Travel Ifaty Forum "Re: Thoughts on Ifaty"
- Commented on one of sachara's Rotterdam travel pages
- updated a Rotterdam Travel Page "Rotterdam"
- Wrote a Review Bars & restaurants with terraces at the waterfront about Oude Haven area in Rotterdam Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bars & restaurants with terraces at the waterfront"
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 72 reviews, 375 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues