"Mongolia, land of the blue sky" Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia by sachara
Mongolia Travel Guide: 1,090 reviews and 3,386 photos
Mongolia fascinated me for a very long time and I knew I would go there once. That was far before I really went there in 1991.
In 1991 I made a large trip in Asia, starting in the Trans-Mongolian Railway in Moscow, to visit some of the great Tibetan Buddhist Monasteries in the world, in Mongolia, China and finally in Tibet.
The Tibetan Buddhism was the ''red thread'' of this trip, but Mongolia I visited also because of its natural environment, the steppes, the green grasslands, the horses and the nomadic life.
Mongolia is one of the highest countries in the world with an average elevation of more than 1500 M. The density of the population in the country is only about 1,5 persons per sq. KM.
Travelling in the countryside is very relaxed and spacious. Mongolia is also called ''the country of the blue sky''. The skies were really amazing.
In the countryside we encountered a great hospitality visiting families in their traditional gers.
Right behind the entrance in this red wall is the central temple, called the Zuu of Buddha or Gol Zuu. This temple is... more travel advice
The traditional Mongolian music is very special. The first time I heard the khoomi singing of Mongolia I was astonished... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Mongolia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saagar's Mongolia info"
- "Mongolia - Land of Genghis Khan"
- "Mongolia, land of the blue sky"
- "Jostling and Jolting Through Mongolia"
- "Mongolia : Simply & Unmaterialistic World"
- "Some Mongolian pictures, more to come"
- "MONGOLIA * MONGOLIE * MONGOLIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mongolia
- Hotels in Mongolia
- Transportation in Mongolia
- Nightlife in Mongolia
- Restaurants in Mongolia
- Shopping in Mongolia
- Warnings and Dangers in Mongolia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mongolia
- 48 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Mongolia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mongolia
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 70 reviews, 365 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues