"Africa, a never ending lovestory !" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa by sachara

Africa Travel Guide: 79,150 reviews and 221,330 photos

Morocco was the first country I visited at the African continent in 1975. I discovered another world and was excited. In 1980 Ghana was the first Subsaharan country I visited. And I fell in love with Africa for ever.

In the meantime I returned 40 times and visited 36 countries. In 2004 one of my dreams came true, the possibility to travel for 3 months in this amazing continent and to make my first transsahara crossing later in the same year.

In this overview page of Africa I will describe the highlights of the countries I visited, like UNESCO World Heritage Sites, but also those places, which touched me most.

Visited countries:

• Last visit to Africa: Apr 2014
  • Intro Updated Apr 27, 2014

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Africa has had it's drumbeats calling, with Madiba's health always under the media's eyes. Finally a message that family were all with him in Houghton, and the inevitable announcement that his earthly days last journey had begun. the S African diaspora and friends wanted to pay their last respects and so with the media saturation, we too planned and had a memorial service on Friday 13th.
    For me there were no personal encounters, but university info and protests, the Government clamp down, the liberal media's attempt to fight for path of non discrimination despite living on the side of the advantagous, the the draconian laws enforced by the minority rulers, his sentence with the other Rivonia group. Finally his release and inauguration at the Union Buildings, from the lawns i witnessed the event, even sat the world's top 3 leaders who had be pushed aside but welcomed in the new Democracy with it's wary future - Arafat, Castro and Gadaffi and i saw them driving by some 6 meters from where i was - such was security in the early 90s - the world has changed in man's timelines, . . . Merry Christmas Ali give a hug to our Continent when you next visit, mine will have to be VT and the W3 - Meegwetch ~ kfcj

• JulieJueletha's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM

An amazing page! So informative and beautiful pictures!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Such a variety of places on your fantastic Africa page!

(And thanks for coming to the VT meeting in Karlsruhe last weekend.)

• sachara's Profile Photo
      Dec 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I love the variety of Africa. Coming last minute to Karlsruhe was a good decision, though the stay was too short to talk to everybody.

• CDM7's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM

You have certainly seen Africa Ali. A fascinating country and very interesting pages.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Hello !

• Paris92's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Big congratulations on your Barney nomination! Well done!!! I've always been a fan of your pages!

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Hey Ali, Superb page this is!! and very inspiring!! I returned to Holland, and so my focus of holidays may be once more on Africa! I know where I have to go first for some research ;-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2010 at 11:01 PM

It's a wonderful page about that attractive destination... Thanks for sharing, Ali! ><><><><><

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2009 at 5:59 AM

Very good and interesting tips Thank you Gracias !!!!!

• regina.williams's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Zingstra - Truelly Amazing pictures on your home page.... Wonderful job !

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour. ”

Badges & Stats in Africa