"Sikkim, tropical Tibet" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim by sachara

State of Sikkim Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 906 photos

Hidden in the Himalayas between Nepal and Bhutan
  • Intro Written Jul 2, 2003

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2009 at 3:48 AM

I'm excited about going to India for the first time next year. Sikkim sounds to be an interesting area to visit, but probably I will not have time to go there on my first visit to India.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Outstanding, Ali. Loved your Sikkim page. We visited India back in October (UP, Raj, Delhi) and had an incredible journey.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2008 at 12:07 AM

One of the very beautiful pages on Sikkim. Did you get the opportunity to visit North Sikkim? It's more beautiful. I had been there many times then agin planning to visit during October'08.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2007 at 7:33 AM

Sikkim - what an incredible place. Enjoyed your tips and photos of the colorful religious icons and monasteries. Cheers, SL :)

• grets's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Such lovely architecture Ali, and beautiful pictures as always. We are hoping to get our permission whilst in Inidia for our trip in September.

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2006 at 2:39 AM

Wel hartelijke gelukswensen met je verjaardag Ali! Geniet van een mooie dag en ik wens u ook een prachtig reis jaar! Liefs van Agnes

• kikalena's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 11:18 AM

Beautiful images and again so usuful tips! I hope to go there for a trek one day.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2005 at 1:10 PM

Both monasteries and housing areas on hills look amazing. I have no idea what's thangka but it sounds to me very secret and exotic. The trip you had by car is a must, I see :-)

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 5:50 AM

Loved your Sikkim section...great tips on what to do and off the beaten path!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2005 at 8:37 AM

Beautiful architecture and colour schemes on those monasteries you visited! That was a nice little excursion you made into the more remote mountains too. It looks like it was an interesting walk!

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour. ”

Badges & Stats in State of Sikkim

Have you been to State of Sikkim?

Latest Activity in State of Sikkim