"Tibet" Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet by sachara

Tibet Travel Guide: 1,402 reviews and 4,147 photos

Mountains, monasteries and ...the tibetan people

In 1991 I visited Tibet as part of a trip to Mongolia and Tibet with Tibetan Buddhism as ''red thread''. After visiting the Tibetan monasteries in Erdene Zuu in Mongolia and Labrang in the Gansu Province, Tibet itself was the highlight of our trip. Till now Tibet is still the most fascinating country I ever visited by its overwhelming culture, ceremonies and monasteries in the breathtaking landscape of the Himalayas.

At the Drepungmonastery near Lhasa we whitnessed an very impressive ceremony.

Except Lhasa we visited Gyantse and Xigaze. En route we met a lot of friendly Tibetan people.

• Last visit to Tibet: Aug 1991
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2010 at 7:32 AM

What a wonderful trip and description! Good for you, Ali! ><><><><

• bnlwtt's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 8:08 AM

I love your 'wild-east' picture. I am going to Tibet May this year and I wish I would be able to see the street as it is in your picture. Thanks.

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 12:23 PM

Great info on this colourful and religious country. I'm looking forward to it.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2006 at 4:44 AM

Happy birthday Ali!! I don't know how I missed this colourful and fascinating page before now! Beautiful photos and great tips on your visit to the 'Top of the World', especially those scenes in Khamba La pass area!

• Travellingaiesecer's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 6:52 AM

Wow, simply amazing. I have a booktip for you: flucht-ueber-den-himalaya.de... A great book from an outstanding woman! :) Bye Holger from Munich

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 3:36 AM

I see you went to tibet in sept..i am going there in just under 2 weeks time..will it be very warm still? What about early mornings and evenings? Great photos!

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 3:41 PM

Pleased to meet you! Thank you for visiting my Beijing pages. In 3 weeks I will take the train to Tibet. Welcome you back to China again and hope you have fun in Beijing!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2006 at 12:13 AM

Good morning, Ali! What a fascinating destination and what an excellent page (once again)! Loved every single tip - thanks for sharing!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2004 at 2:42 AM

Nice page of Tibet Sachara, very interesting tips. Regards.

• Mez77's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 6:37 PM

Having just come back from China, I am so keen to see Tibet. Your page is wonderful and has really inspired. Now I am just too impatient to go :o) Mia

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Tibet