"La Palma" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de La Palma by sachara
Isla de La Palma Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 334 photos
The Caldera de Taburiente is the heart of La Palma. The diameter of the Caldera is 10 KM and the peaks around are about 2400 M.
Thanks to this crater the island La Palma has the most impressive natural and unspoilt beauty of all the Canary Islands. The crater, the Caldera de Taburiente, one of the largests on earth, originating by a huge landslide instead of volcanic activities according the last insights, attracts geologists, biologists, ornithologists, speleogists , mountaineers and people like us, who love to walk and to enjoy the rough and breathtaking landscape.
When we visited the northern edge of the Caldera at Roque de los Muchachos, it was a very cloudy day. The caldera was totally filled with clouds. We stood above the clouds and could only see the highest peaks around the calderea, looking like small islands.
The day before at the mirador de las Chozas near la Cumbrecita at the south east edge, there was only a small stripe of clouds, just below the edge.
We waited a few days till there was a very clear blue sky, before we entered the caldera deep down.
We visited La Palma for a week and stayed in one of the many casitas of the island. We had a nice casita between the banana and avocado trees, a few KM north of Los Llanos with a splendid view from the balcony at the surrounding landscape with the sea at the background.
The descent in the Caldera de Taburiente and walking in this rough mysterious landscape of streams, rocks and dead silence was the highlight of our stay.
South of the Caldera de Taburiente the island of La Palma is divided in an east and west part by the mountain ridge... more travel advice
At 50 places on the Island of La Palma mysterious spiral inscriptions, engraved in the rocks, are found. We visited the... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Isla de La Palma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Palma"
- "Isla de la Palma"
- "Isla Bonita"
- "La Palma island, everlasting springtime"
- "Palma - La Isla Bonita"
- "la caldera del taburiente. going out"
- "La Isla Bonita"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de La Palma
- Hotels in Isla de La Palma
- Transportation in Isla de La Palma
- Nightlife in Isla de La Palma
- Restaurants in Isla de La Palma
- Shopping in Isla de La Palma
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de La Palma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de La Palma
- 35 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Isla de La Palma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de La Palma
Photos in Isla de La PalmaSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 70 reviews, 365 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues