"The province where I was born and live again" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Drenthe by sachara
Provincie Drenthe Travel Guide: 653 reviews and 2,008 photos
Drenthe is a province in the north of the Netherlands. I was born close to Assen, the capital. of Drenthe. At this moment I live in Emmen in the south east of Drenthe. Emmen, Assen are together with Hoogeveen and Meppel the bigger towns in the province with lots of faciclties.
Drenthe, being the Dutch province with the lowest amount of inhabitants per square kilometer, has also a lot of heatherfields and forests. The traditional villages in the surrounding landscape of old cultivated land, the so-called 'essen' are still very authentic and scenic. Some villages like Orvelte became a living museum, others are protected as cultural heritage.
Historically Drenthe is very known because of the 52 'hunebeds' scattered all over the province. A hunebed is made of huge boulders and is supposed to be a megalithic burial chamber.
Drenthe is very popular for holidays and short breaks. There are many mini-campings and holidaycentres, but also hotels and bed & breakfast.
Drenthe has a lot more interesting places to offer than I show now at this page. I lost a lot of pictures, but I start to take new ones. So this page will continue to grow in the future
- In a nutshell:Enchanting mix of nature and culture
Hampshire Hotel (former De Giraf and Eden) is situated just east of the railway at a walking distance of about 10... more travel advice
Dalen is a village the southeast of Drenthe north of Coevorden. The village has about 3500 inhabitants. Though many new... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Provincie Drenthe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The province where I was born and live again"
- "Drenthe, the quiet province"
- "Province of Drenthe"
- "Drenthe, heatherfields, forests and farmland"
- "My Province of Birth"
- "Drenthe (Netherlands)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie Drenthe
- Hotels in Provincie Drenthe
- Transportation in Provincie Drenthe
- Nightlife in Provincie Drenthe
- Restaurants in Provincie Drenthe
- Shopping in Provincie Drenthe
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie Drenthe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincie Drenthe
- 117 Reviews
- 424 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (159)
Have you been to Provincie Drenthe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie Drenthe
- Posted in Travel Assen Forum "Re: How to get from Groningen to..."
- updated a Provincie Drenthe Travel Page "The province where I was born and live again"
- Uploaded a Video to Provincie Drenthe
- Wrote a Review From Giraf to Eden to Hampshire in Provincie Drenthe Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Giraf to Eden to Hampshire"
- Commented on one of Pavlik_NL's Provincie Drenthe travel pages
Videos in Provincie DrentheSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 72 reviews, 375 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues