"Tafraoute" Tafraoute by sachara

Tafraoute Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 184 photos

village in red and pink

Tafraoute is 130 KM south east of Agadir in the Anti Atlas.
Tafraoute is easy reachable in an one day tour from Agadir, like we did in 1992.
There are also hotels in the area to stay for the night or a few days.
Tafraoute is a very relaxed and easygoing place in an extremely beautiful mountaineous landscape of pink granite.

To Tafraoute we took the more eastern road passing Ait Baha.
It's a scenic road through the mountains of the Anti Atlas.
We saw villages at the hillsides with walls in the colour of the mountainside. On the slopes were cultivated terraces.
There was not much traffic.
The local transport, we saw, was mostly by donkey.

• Last visit to Tafraoute: Oct 1992
  • Intro Updated Sep 17, 2003

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2009 at 8:49 AM

The pictures of the rocks at Tafraoute remind me of the rocks here in Arizona, but then the soil there is fertile as you said (not like here)...wonderful page and a true adventure, Norman :)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 1:54 PM

Beautiful page! I found Tafraoute and Anti Atlas the most beautiful area of Morocco. So beautiful that I'd like to visit it again.

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2003 at 7:28 AM

A great example of the communion between the man and the nature... and the adaptation to the environment. Beautiful page and place.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2003 at 11:50 AM

A great page with amazing photos of the rock formations! Looks like you had a very enjoyable trip!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2003 at 5:16 PM

What a great landscape and excellent pics ! Unfortunately I did not see this part of Marocco !

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2003 at 2:18 PM

Another lovely page, Ali - you are right, the Anti-Atlas is quite different.....

• shivan's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2003 at 5:18 AM

I can feel the hot coming out from the monitor...

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2003 at 6:20 AM

HA HA HA HA Scott is always either before me or in the same time! I wish one time I could be the first! Great page Ali ,clear way to Saturn!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2003 at 12:45 AM

I thought the oil press was quite interesting! The rock formations look so cool! Another great area to explore! Fantastic adventure as usual!!

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Tafraoute

Have you been to Tafraoute?

Latest Activity in Tafraoute