"Harare" Top 5 Page for this destination Harare by sachara

Harare Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 113 photos

In !994 we visited Zimbabwe as part of a trip to Malawi, Zimbabwe and Botswana. We arrived in Zimbabwe by bus from Malawi via the corridor route in Mozambique.

First of all we visited Harare. And after our trip in the country we ended also our journey in Harara, from where we had our flight back home.

We enjoyed it very much to meet the people of Zimbabwe and learn something about their daily life.
The best opportunity we had during our stay in a small village Rukweza near Rusape, south-east of Harare.

I don't know how safe Zimbabwe will be nowadays for travellers. The reports are varied. So check before you go.

• Last visit to Harare: Aug 1994
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2005

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 10:23 AM

1994 -2007, only thirteen years, and i am left wondering if it will ever recover after the Mugabe years of mismanagement and nepotism ? ;-(((

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 2:16 PM

Interesting round brick huts and lovely sculptures! Shopping in Harare? Haha, a bit far :-)

• BarbaraForza's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2005 at 10:32 PM

I also love those textiles! great pics Ali and excellent tips as usual!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 8:28 AM

Beautiful photos Ali!! They bring back great memories of this beautiful part of Africa. I hope the country soon overcomes it's present political and economic crisis for the sake of it's wonderful people.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 12:08 PM

Lovely page, tell dr.Firas to give the contract to me!!! Excellent pictures.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 2:56 AM

I wanna buy an African mask, and put it in my flat ;-D

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Harare