Zanzibar Town Off The Beaten Path Tips by sachara Top 5 Page for this destination
Zanzibar Town Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 18 photos
From Stone Town we visited the south part of the island. The trip over the island to the south was wonderful. The inland was very green, with some rainforest and huge mangotrees along the road.
In Kizimkazi, 53 KM south of Stone Town, at the beach near Kizidi restaurant we took a boat. After one hour our boat reached the place where the dolphins were. It was amazing, we saw so many dolphins swimming and diving around and under our boat.
After three hours we returned to the Kidizi Restaurant for our lunch. We arranged this trip directly with the driver of our hotel, but you can book a trip like this also in one of the many travel agencies in Stone Town.
Everywhere in Stone Town, in the travel agencies or hotels, you can book a half-day spice tour. We went to the plantations near Kizimbani, north east of Stone Town.
At Kizimbani you can make a guided walk of three and half hours visiting the plantations.
The enthusiastic young guide showed us many spices. It was interesting to see how they grow, in trees, at small plants or in the soil. We saw carambola, pepper, cloves, cardamon, nutmeg, coffee, ylang-ylang, cinnamon and many more. At the end of the walk we visited the old Persian baths nearby.
More Reviews (36)
sachara's Related Pages
Zanzibar Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STONE TOWN"
- "Zanzibar Town"
- "You have to visit Stone Town"
- "Mji Mkongwe"
- "The Stone Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zanzibar Town
- Hotels in Zanzibar Town
- Transportation in Zanzibar Town
- Nightlife in Zanzibar Town
- Restaurants in Zanzibar Town
- Shopping in Zanzibar Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Zanzibar Town
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rous Lench Hotels
- Goodsprings Hotels
- Kemps Bay District
- Dinan Hotels
- Peñas Blancas Hotels
- Galle Off The Beaten Path
- Maroochydore Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Simferopol Off The Beaten Path
- Morrocoy National Park
- Turquoise Trail
- Nakhon Ratchasima Off The Beaten Path
- County Waterford Off The Beaten Path
- Ancona Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Springs Off The Beaten Path
- La Playa de Mogán Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Zanzibar Town
- 38 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Zanzibar Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanzibar Town
Photos in Zanzibar TownSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 68 reviews, 355 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues