"Zagora and the Draa Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Zagora by sachara
Zagora Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 299 photos
Zagora is situated in the Draa Valley and the main market of the south of Morocco.
On the south bank of the river are remains of an fortress of the Almoravides of the 11th century. This shows the antiquity of the town despite its modern streets, dating from the French colonial times.
When we were in Zagora in October 2001, at the same moment the Moroccan king visited this town and area to meet his people. Everywhere were red and green flags in the streets and portraits of the king.
The Draa Valley leads from Ouarzazate in the south-east direction to Zagora. The palmeraies of the Draa, the kasbahs and the Berber villages are very picturesque, especially in the area between Agdz and Zagora.
We were four days in the same area as the king. At the last day on our way back from Zagora to Agadir the king was very... more travel advice
Zagora is a nice starting point for exploring the Draa Valley and the desert. There are many hotels, restaurants, places... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Zagora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting The Hump in Zagora!"
- "Les folies berberes"
- "Zagora and the Draa Valley"
- "The Gate of the Desert"
- "Not quite the end of the road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zagora
- Hotels in Zagora
- Transportation in Zagora
- Nightlife in Zagora
- Restaurants in Zagora
- Shopping in Zagora
- Warnings and Dangers in Zagora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zagora
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Zagora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zagora
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 72 reviews, 375 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues