"Djiguibambo & Dogon Country" Djiguibambo by sachara
Djiguibambo Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 18 photos
The ideal layout of the Dogon villages has the form of a human body.
The fact is that the universe is projected in the same manner on different scales - of the cosmos, the village, the house and the individual.
At the level of the village, the settlement should lie north-south, like a man on his back. The smithy and the To guna are the man's head at the north. The hands are symbolized by the menstrual round lodges. The patriarchal ginna houses are the chest and the body. The oil-crushing stones and foundation altar represent the female and male sexual parts. At the south are the communal altars as the reclining man's feet.
After our visit to Djiguibambo we walked back on the plateau. It was a nice and easy walk, even in the sunshine, because... more travel advice
There was so much to see in the village of Djiguibambo. So take your time to look around, as we did. Not every hut or... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Djiguibambo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Djiguibambo
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (143)
Have you been to Djiguibambo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Djiguibambo
- Posted in Travel Addis Ababa Forum "Re: Five hour stop over in Addis..."
- Commented on one of Svillegas's Djiguibambo travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Djiguibambo, granaries"
- updated a Djiguibambo Travel Page "Djiguibambo & Dogon Country"
- Wrote a Review Walk on the plateau in Djiguibambo Things to Do
Photos in DjiguibamboSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 72 reviews, 375 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues