"Benghazi" Top 5 Page for this destination Benghazi by sachara
Benghazi Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 327 photos
Benghazi is the second large city of Libya. In the old city we visited the area close to the lighthouse, the only place where you can find some remains from the ancient times.
Close to the lighthouse is the Acacus house with a small ethnographical museum, an exhibition of wooden sculptures made by a local artist and a nicily furnished room where you can drink tea and order local dishes.
From here you are also almost in the covered souqs, a nice area to stroll around for a while. I always enjoy the souqs because of their lifely atmosphere at one hand and to find out about the daily life by what they are selling at the other hand.
We ended our walk close to the square with the historical townhall. En route we walked through many alleyways and saw a lot of mosques built in different styles. Close to the townhall is a renovated arcaded shopping street where we found even an African souvenirshops.
We came from Tripoli to Benghazi by plane, a fokker. It was a comfortable morning flight of less than one hour. Benina... more travel advice
If you didn't find nice local things in te authentic souqs, you can go to Sharia Omar al-Mukhtar, the main shopping... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Benghazi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The city of all ..."
- "Benghazi, Libya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Benghazi
- Hotels in Benghazi
- Transportation in Benghazi
- Nightlife in Benghazi
- Restaurants in Benghazi
- Shopping in Benghazi
- Warnings and Dangers in Benghazi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Benghazi
- 21 Reviews
- 183 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Benghazi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Benghazi
Photos in BenghaziSee All Photos (183)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 70 reviews, 365 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues