"Lake Nakuru National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Nakuru National Park by sachara

Lake Nakuru National Park Travel Guide: 216 reviews and 668 photos

Lake Nakuru, a soda lake, is famous because of millions of flamingos. In 2004 we visited the Lake Nakuru National Park and found out, that the park has much more to offer. Of course we saw the many flamingos and other birdlife along the shores of the lake, but we saw also giraffes, zebras, rhinos, buffalos, baboons, impalas and waterbucks.

To save the rhino population in Kenya the Lake Nakuru National Park became the first rhino sanctuary.

I was surprised to see so many buffalos in the park.

• Last visit to Lake Nakuru National Park: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2004

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:26 AM

East Africa to see the Serengetti / Rift Valley is a drumbeat call for me ;-))) Rhinos down under in the South did not have the long Horns, if i remember correctly?

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:37 AM

that's why the drumbeats are calling, maybe in 2014/5

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:37 AM

that's why the drumbeats are calling, maybe in 2014/5

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Wonderful pages. Weare still trying to figure out where to head for our first safari. How did you get to the camp? Did you rent a car?

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Wow, a superb page with all that wild life around! I guess you have better avoid an attack by a buffalo!

• missionman's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 11:01 AM

Our visit to Kenya and Tanzania was around the same time as yours in 2004 and we remember fondly after seeing your photos

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 5:50 AM

As a lover of animals and a birdwatcher in particular, Lake Nakuru is one of those places you dream about going to.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 2:52 AM

Great memories come back, Ali. Great tips and wonderfull pictures

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2005 at 9:48 AM

Great tips!

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2005 at 4:39 AM

Another beautiful page! The wildlife is precious and your descriptions very exciting!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2004 at 6:09 AM

Yes, am not doing badly following dr. firas here..beautiful page of lake Nakuru Park. I enjoyed the buffalo threat to your group. I could have waited if I were you!!! Regards.

• safardreams's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2004 at 5:47 AM

Hi, some how this place looks different then it did in 2001. Wish the Rhinos were a bit more WILD though. We had 2 Lionesses come stay in our camp-site by the fire! That was on my last nt there. VERY COOL!! cheers, david

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Riga in May ”

Badges & Stats in Lake Nakuru National Park

Have you been to Lake Nakuru National Park?

Latest Activity in Lake Nakuru National Park