"Addis Ababa" Top 5 Page for this destination Addis Ababa by sachara

Addis Ababa Travel Guide: 399 reviews and 2,993 photos

During my trip of 5 weeks in Ethiopia I had only two short stays in the capital. Being in Addis Abeba, I didn't have the feeling to be in a 5.000.000 million city.

Addis Abeba is a mix of the past and the present, of the city and the small-town feel, of the modern apartment buildings and the small houses with zinc roofs. At some places the city is hilly and intersected by some rivers and green valleys.

One of the places I visited was the lovely park of the main campus of the university with its ethnological Museum.

• Last visit to Addis Ababa: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2005

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Your pages on Ethiopia are a good learning experience for me. I sent one of your pics to my little friend, Bete who came to the U.S. about 5 yrs. ago.

• Jul 29, 2007 at 5:43 AM

Nasty dirty place, nothing nice to see and a "priest" tried to extract a huge sum for visiting a dubious holy cave, after he woke up from a nap under a tree and called someone on his mobile. Dying and sick congregate here waiting for a miracle.

• grets's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 3:22 AM

Just off to Addis tomorrow for a couple of days on our way to Djibouti. Hope to see Lucy. The usual standard Ali. Great page.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 8:51 PM

I do believe a visit here is required... soon.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2006 at 12:43 AM

Very interesting, Ethiopia is a country that always attracted me, maybe this year? :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2005 at 6:00 PM

A fascinating page on a country that remains mysterious. This is a country that I would love to visit.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2005 at 9:40 AM

Lake Langano looks so serene--a nice place in which to dip one's toes.

• leonik's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 5:23 PM

great tips ali! although i wasn't asked for my ID at the university...!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2005 at 1:42 AM

Fascinating read Ali, must have been quite harrowing listening to a screaming woman in the night!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2005 at 4:29 AM

Wow what an exotic place this Addis Ababa is. I enjoyed this page very much. Greets from Canada. Lori.

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Riga in May ”

Badges & Stats in Addis Ababa

Have you been to Addis Ababa?

Latest Activity in Addis Ababa