"Arba Minch, Dorze and Chenca" Arba Minch' by sachara
Arba Minch' Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 38 photos
South of Addis Abeba we visited Arba Minch, the largest town in Southern Ethiopia with about 40.000 inhabitants.
Arba Minch lies on an escarpment at 1400 M, overlooking Lake Abaya and Lake Chamo.
From Arba Minch you can easlily visit the Nechisar National Park and the highland villages of the Dorze people.
In the Guge Mountains about 35 Km from Arba Minch live the Dorze people, known of their huts, resembling giant beehives.
Along the road you see a lot of colourfully woven cloth, the best in Ethiopia.
When we visited Dorze and Chenca, there was a procession because of the opening of a new church.
Like everywhere in Africa, you see also in Ethiopia women pounding grain, plantain or cassave. At the restaurant of our... more travel advice
East of Shecha, the southern centre of Arba Minch, we spent the night at the edge of the escarpment overlooking the... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Arba Minch' Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Arba Minch'
- Hotels in Arba Minch'
- Restaurants in Arba Minch'
- Shopping in Arba Minch'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arba Minch'
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Arba Minch'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arba Minch'
Photos in Arba Minch'See All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 70 reviews, 365 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues