"Debark and Simien Mountains" Debark' by sachara
Debark' Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 129 photos
The massive erosion over the years on the Ethiopian plateau has created one of the most spectacular landscapes in the world. The dramatic landscape of the Simien Mountains is consisting of several plateaus separated by wide valleys. The jagged peaks, the deep valleys, the steep escarpments of about 1500 M, the views at the pinnacles make the landscape breathtaking. There are good views at the mountains, going north from Debark to Aksum.
The Simien Mountains are an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Simien Mountains are a wonderful area for hiking.The dramatic landscape of the Simien Mountains is made up of several plateaus, separated by wide valleys. Walking along the steep escarpments with views at the pinnacles in the park is breathtaking.
You can reach the park from Debark. Here you have also to buy you tickets at the parkheadquarters.
We visited the park only one day and made a nice walk to a waterfall and along the escarpment.
Walking along the road in the mountains north of Debark we saw some agricultural activities on small-scale cultivated... more travel advice
In this north-western part of the country the landscape looked rather green. We really enjoyed our drive through these... more travel advice
sachara's Related Pages
Debark' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Debark and Simien Mountains"
- "Debark - Gate to Simien Mountains National Park"
- "The gate to Simien Mountains"
- "Simen mountains"
- "Gate to the Simien Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Debark'
- Hotels in Debark'
- Transportation in Debark'
- Restaurants in Debark'
- Shopping in Debark'
- Warnings and Dangers in Debark'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Debark'
- 16 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Debark'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Debark'
- Posted in Travel Khartoum Forum "Re: help with visa"
- updated a Debark' Travel Page "Debark and Simien Mountains"
- Uploaded a Photo to "People in the Simien Mountains"
- Wrote a Review Rough mountains and cultivated terraces in Debark' Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of frockland's Debark' travel pages
Photos in Debark'See All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 70 reviews, 365 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues