"Aswan" Top 5 Page for this destination Aswan by sachara

Aswan Travel Guide: 627 reviews and 2,062 photos

I visited Aswan twice in 1983 and in 1999.

In november 1997 the Nubia Museum opened its doors. Only this museum maked it worth to visit Aswan again. It's a really must see.

It was also nice to see the known places again. So we made again the lovely boatride to the temple of Phylae and we went for a second time to the unfinished obelisk.

The scenery of the Nile with the many islands and the shopping streets were still amazing.

• Last visit to Aswan: May 1999
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2003

• smeagol13's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 12:40 PM

very helpful info and a mind opening page on aswan. i will try to keep in mind your advices -especillay on nubian villagews and the monastery- if i manage to get to aswan.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2006 at 8:37 PM

A fascinating page! The views on the dam are fine. I liked the unfinished obelisk. I am always interested when you show that Egypt is not only ancient E. On that account, he St Simeon monastery is a good landmark.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2005 at 8:55 PM

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you , Happy birthday to Ali, Happy birthday to you. :) :X :)

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2005 at 11:53 AM

Great pics of my favourite place in Egypt [so far at least]

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 6:48 PM

Great info Ali - my next trip will be Abu Simbel, arriving by boat. usefull info - Thx and greets

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 3:07 AM

Hey, ali, you won't belive it, but we visited exactly the same Nubian house. And we were also treated with tea (karkade) and some home made bread. Only this time master of the house showed us around.

• vigi's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2004 at 6:51 PM

Great page of Aswan!!! What a pity I didn't visit the Nubian Mesuem. I think Abu Simbel is a must-see though, it's greater than the pyramids.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2004 at 9:58 AM

Aswan is on my list for next year. I really have to visit the Nubian Museum as it sounds to be interesting! Great tips and photos!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2004 at 12:49 PM

My finance and I are headed over there in two weeks... thanks for a couple great photos to help us see what we will enjoy!

• jackfruit's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2004 at 7:40 PM

Awesome comprehensive page on Aswan! Thank you very much - we will be visiting in a few weeks and I cannot wait to see all the sights for myself!

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Aswan