"Kifri" Kifri by sachara
Kifri Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Kifri is the most southern city I visited during my trip to Iraqi Kurdistan. Kifri is 108 km south from Slemani and almost halfway Baghdad. It's the only town I visited in the Diyala Province.
Kifri is one of the ancient towns of Iraq and Kurdistan. In Kifri are remains of a kaysari (market), a caravanseray and old houses like the house of the gouvernor. All are in bad shape. A few days after we visited Kifri the Kurdish Priem Minister visited Kifri and promised support.
Kifri looks like an authentic town with a mix of traditional mud houses and newer coloured ones. I liked it to stroll around in the alleyways. The inhabitants were friendly, they offered us sweets. They were also curious, probably not used to foreign visitors. Mohamed a local teacher and translator showed us his town and could give a lot of information about the buildings, but also of the old and recent history.
- Pros:Authentic atmosphere
- Cons:Long trip from Slemani
sachara's Related Pages
Kifri Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kifri
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Kifri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kifri
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 68 reviews, 355 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues