Paris Restaurant Tips by sachara
Paris Restaurants: 2,571 reviews and 3,108 photos
In the summertime I walked along the Paris Plage in the evening and was surprised about the loads of people, families, students and others who were picknicking at the beach. It is a great ambiance with wonderful views at the Seine. Away from the traffic, life music playing at several places and kids can play in the sand.
Favorite Dish: People did bring theirselves their drinks, bread, salads and other snacks. Most picnics looked very delicious and inviting to join.
Address: Paris plage
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
La Grande Mosquée de Paris
The complex of the mosque of Paris includes a North African tearoom and restaurant. I visited the lovely inner garden with figues trees and fountains of this teahouse for the first time in the early nineties. Early morning I was almost the only visitor drinking my mint tea in a serene atmosphere. The last time in 2005 I visited the innergarden in the late afternoon. It was very lifely with lots of visitors.
The teahouse and restaurant decorated in North African style are open from 9am till 11.30pm. You can come for a tea or arabian coffee with sweets, for a snack, for lunch or dinner. The menu offers delicious tajines and couscous.
Address: Rue Geoffroy St-Hilaire
Comparison: about average
Directions: In the 5th arrondissement.
Metro: Place Monge
Phone: +33 1 43313820
Theme: Middle Eastern
More Reviews (98)
- See All Exhibition press pictures from all the...
- See All looking for a bargain...
- See All From Esplanade des Invalides to...
- See All Fountain de Observatoire
sachara's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 100 Reviews
- 384 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (384)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Intro, 70 reviews, 365 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Intro, 82 reviews, 313 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritania Intro, 88 reviews, 296 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 70 reviews, 304 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir Intro, 58 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 36 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 83 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 89 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 41 reviews, 192 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (169)
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 581 Reviews, 1032 Photos
- Eiffel Tower- 816 Reviews, 1425 Photos
- Louvre- 782 Reviews, 1546 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 648 Reviews, 1323 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 437 Reviews, 757 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 271 Reviews, 546 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 95 Reviews, 255 Photos
- Jardins du Luxembourg- 115 Reviews, 277 Photos
- Centre Georges Pompidou- 155 Reviews, 269 Photos
- Disneyland Paris- 111 Reviews, 168 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do