"Kathmandu" Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu by sachara

Kathmandu Travel Guide: 923 reviews and 2,313 photos

After a long trip, visiting Mongolia, China and Tibet, I was lucky to stay for a few days in Kathmandu before flying back to Europe.

We arrived in the Kathmandu Valley after a breathtaking flight over the Himalayas, coming from Tibet, with very good views at the Mount Everest and other snowcapped peaks.

Kathmandu is the history-rich capital and largest town of Nepal. Kathmandu has a large and overwhelming concentration of culture, art and tradition. So I had to encounter a lot of impressions these last days and I loved it !

• Last visit to Kathmandu: Aug 1991
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2003

• Jan 18, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Definitely worth staying place in Kathmandu. You can have look and feel of one of the most important touristic place in the heart of Kathmandu City! Also visit: getinnepal.com/places/Thamel...

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Loved your Kathmandu page, especially all the photos taken just wandering around the streets. It looks fascinating.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2008 at 7:56 AM

Hi, I just retuned from a great trip to Nepal, enjouyed reading your impressions!

• SueMagee's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 11:28 PM

I enjoyed reading your page with all the tips. I'm starting a new job in Kathamndu in September this year so your photos and tips have whetted my appetite - thank you!

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 12:01 PM

Wow...you have been all around the world. Nepal is a beautiful spot. Thanks for the great tips and information.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 10:20 AM

Nice pages. I'm hoping to go there later in the year. Looks fascinating!

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Really enjoyed your walking on the streets posts - also one of my favourite things to do in a new city!

• bluedook's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2005 at 4:10 AM

Great pages. we are off in September and I will follow your advice about walking

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 11:09 AM

Amazing page. I like especially your off the beaten paths and Walking in the streets tips. Used dental plates to buy? Haha, thank you :-)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 1:16 PM

Walking through the streets of Kathmandu must be a wonderful attack on the senses & a photographers heaven too! This place is very high on my list, wonderful page Ali, (~_~)

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Riga in May ”

Badges & Stats in Kathmandu

Have you been to Kathmandu?

Latest Activity in Kathmandu