"Tunisia" Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia by sachara

Tunisia Travel Guide: 4,906 reviews and 13,440 photos

I visited Tunisia four times. My first visit was in 1979 and like my visit to Morocco a few years before I liked also this North African country at first sight. So I came back three times in the 90s. And I hope to come back again.

Tunisia has a lot to offer. Of course the desert in the south, the palmeraies and the old Berber towns, but there are also many scenic fishing towns and lovely beaches all over the country.

Tunisia has a huge cultural heritage. There are many ancient Roman sites to explore and the Islamic architecture of the walled medinas and the mosques with an own developed Tunisian style is very interesting.

• Last visit to Tunisia: Jan 1999
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2005

• titti's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Any time I look for a destination, I end in your travel tips! Ciao!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Excellent page on Tunisia. You have seen so much of interest over your many visits. Like the look of the Roman ruins, and like you, I find the fish markets interesting too!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 8:48 AM

I'l be back to finish this soon. It looks as though a short visit to Tunis will be part of our next trip to Libya (March '09), a nice little bonus. Lots of good info here as always. leyle

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 5:39 AM

Will be in Tunisia for one day this summer. You're tips have been very helpful--nice photos too!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 11:29 PM

Lovely page on Tunisia. If I see a fraction of what you saw I'll be very happy!

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2005 at 6:40 AM

Fantastic page about a place I knew little about ... fascinating to read about the traditional technique for octopus catching. Thanks for sharing, Ali.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2005 at 9:08 PM

Ali, you have built a very complete page about Tunisia, probably the best on VT, with beautiful photos and interesting commentaries. Thanks !

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 9:43 AM

Fantastic page, Ali. You included all the best of Tunisia and even more... Wow, I didn't visit Sbeitla. Great shot of sunset in Sidi Bou Said :-) The Marhala Hotel worked great for me, too.

• theguitarist's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2005 at 12:36 PM

very nice page about TUNISIA,i`m really happy that you like it.best regards

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2005 at 7:02 AM

Ali, what an excellent 'tour' of Tunisia! You have certainly seen a lot of this country and the amazing places that it has to offer! Great new photos, especially in your 'General' section!!

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour, Djibouti and Somaliland in april ”

Badges & Stats in Tunisia

Have you been to Tunisia?

Latest Activity in Tunisia