"Togo" Top 5 Page for this destination Togo by sachara

Togo Travel Guide: 418 reviews and 1,710 photos

... just two short visits ...

I visited Togo two times, both times only for short visits.
In 1989 I crossed the country from Ghana to Burkina Faso and in 2003 I crossed the country from Ghana to Benin.

First trip in 1989

In December 1989 we entered from the Volta Region in Ghana at a very small border station (nobody in Ghana knew the place). The first KMs in Togo we saw a lot of nice forest.

Travelling from Ghana to Burkina Faso, we spent 3 nights in Togo.

1. Badou for a visit to Les Cascades d' Akloa. Badou is 88 KM west of Atakpam?.

2. Sokode, half way the country

3. Dapaong, in the north

It was nice to see the changes in the landscape, from forest to savannah, if you travels from the south to the north.

Last trip in December 2003

On our way from Ghana to Benin we followed the coastal road in the south and we spent a few days in Lome, the capital of Togo.

• Last visit to Togo: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 6, 2004

• Jan 12, 2008 at 4:52 PM

and what happened when you refused????

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 2:35 PM

Could I ask for drumming and dancing for breakfast in that camping? So, what do they do with those dead crocodile's heads? I hope the doctor you visited was not expensive, he?

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 1:16 AM

Interesting story about the Marche de Feticheurs ... fascinating pages.

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2004 at 2:13 PM

Yikes! Good page, very informative, very creepy. I'd be scared my scullcap would end up in the pile. Cheers, Ed.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 11:41 AM

Interesting Togo pages... very fascinating.

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 11:29 AM

OH wow, I can't believe you got a fine for being EARLY! That's ridiculous. But everything else looks wonderful here--I've read about the Fetish market before...definitely worth a visit:) Great page, like every other one of yours I've seen!

• grets's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 12:33 PM

Voddo practices and fetish markets are so fascinating, can't wait for my visit nexte year. Another great page Ali.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2004 at 9:27 AM

Safe to say these people are NOT fond of animals--too strange and a waste of wildlife! Life animals are so much more enjoyable.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2004 at 2:38 PM

So was the visit to the Fetish Market succesful? Did it really work? Interesting page as usual, Africa is always fascinating!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2004 at 11:21 PM

Although the strange objects a pleasure to read yr reports ! Luc

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour. ”

Badges & Stats in Togo