"Llano, in the Hill Country of Central Texas" Llano by Stargazer1
Llano Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 23 photos
Llanite is a specific type of granite found in the area, with phenocrysts of blue quartz and reddish microcline feldspar. The blue quartz is what is distinctive about it. It often forms in rhyolite dikes as a porphyry. You'll see it in outcrop as black or dark grayish rock all over the area. One of my tips about Horseshoe Bay has pictures of the batholiths you can see on the golf courses in the area (and other open areas). Llano is a small town, and there are cabins you can rent that overlook the lakes. The Vanishing Texas River Cruise is nearby as well.
Stargazer1's Related Pages
Llano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "jenna24's new Llano Page"
- "Llano, in the Hill Country of Central Texas"
- "Beauties of the Hill Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Llano
- Hotels in Llano
- Restaurants in Llano
- Warnings and Dangers in Llano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Llano
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Llano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Llano
Photos in LlanoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Houston Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Austin Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Llano Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Texas Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 1 review, 4 photos